The work contributing to this case report was performed at Advanced Critical Care, Emergency & Specialty Services, and the veterinary schools of the University of Florida, University of Wisconsin and University of Pennsylvania.
Congenital Methemoglobinemia in a Dog with a Promoter Deletion and a Nonsynonymous Coding Variant in the Gene Encoding Cytochrome b5
Article first published online: 21 AUG 2014
Copyright © 2014 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 28, Issue 5, pages 1626–1631, September/October 2014
Total views since publication: 122
How to Cite
McKenna, J.A., Sacco, J., Son, T.T., Trepanier, L.A., Callan, M.B., Harvey, J.W. and Arndt, J.W. (2014), Congenital Methemoglobinemia in a Dog with a Promoter Deletion and a Nonsynonymous Coding Variant in the Gene Encoding Cytochrome b5. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 28: 1626–1631. doi: 10.1111/jvim.12423
- Issue published online: 1 OCT 2014
- Article first published online: 21 AUG 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 JUN 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 1 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Received: 31 DEC 2013
- 5Methaemoglobin reductase deficiency in dogs. Comp Haematol Int 1991;1:55–59., , , et al.
- 14The effect of methemoglobin on the equilibrium between oxygen and hemoglobin. Am J Physiol 1942;137:56–68., .
- 16Methemoglobin reductase deficiency and methemoglobinemia in a dog. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 1981;17:829–832., , .
- 18Methemoglobinemia. In: Silverstein DC, Hopper K, eds. Small Animals Critical Care Medicine. St. Louis, MO: Saunders; 2009:374–378., .