Striving for general validity: a huge sample reveals faint traces in forests
Version of Record online: 4 DEC 2012
© 2012 International Association for Vegetation Science
Journal of Vegetation Science
Volume 24, Issue 1, pages 4–6, January 2013
How to Cite
Wildi, O. (2013), Striving for general validity: a huge sample reveals faint traces in forests. Journal of Vegetation Science, 24: 4–6. doi: 10.1111/jvs.12020
- Issue online: 4 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 4 DEC 2012
- 2011. Comparing modelling approaches at two levels of biological organization – Climate change impacts on selected Natura 2000 habitats. Journal of Vegetation Science 22: 699–710. , , &
- 1999. Migration of herbaceous plant species across ancient–recent forest ecotones in central Belgium. Journal of Ecology 87: 628–638. , &
- 2007. Induced shift in ecosystem productivity? Extensive scale effects of abundant large herbivores Ecosystems 10: 773–789. , , , , &
- 2010. The concept of potential natural vegetation: an epitaph? Journal of Vegetation Science 21: 1172–1178. , , , &
- 1977. Sampling techniques. Wiley, New York, NY, US.
- 2005. Model-based stratifications for enhancing the detection of rare ecological events. Ecology 86: 1081–1090. , , , &
- 2005. Edge influence on forest structure and composition in fragmented landscapes. Conservation Biology 19: 768–782. , , , , , , , , &
- 1999. An ecological comparison between ancient and other forest plant species of Europe, and the implications for forest conservation. Biological Conservation 91: 9–22. , , , &
- 2002. Permeability of ancient forest edges for weedy plant species invasion. Forest Ecology and Management 161: 109–122. , &
- 1999. Are there general laws in ecology? Oikos 84: 177–192.
- 1998. Numerical ecology, 2nd ed. Elsevier, Amsterdam, NL, US. &
- 2012. Seed rain dynamics reveals strong dispersal limitation, different reproductive strategies and responses to climate in a temperate forest in northeast China. Journal of Vegetation Science 23: 271–279. , , , &
- 1998. The human drivers of global land cover change: the case of forests. Hydrological Processes 12: 1983–1994. , &
- 2006. Rebuilding community ecology from functional traits. Trends in Ecology and Evolution 21: 179–185. , , &
- 2013. Understorey plant species show long-range spatial patterns in forest patches according to distance-to-edge. Journal of Vegetation Science 24: 9–24. , , , , , &
- 2010. Seed banks of temperate deciduous forests during secondary succession. Journal of Vegetation Science 21: 965–978. , , , , , , , &
- 2004. Community ecology: is it time to move on? American Naturalist 163: 787–799.
- 2013. Data analysis in vegetation ecology, 2nd ed. Wiley-Blackwell, Chichester, UK.
- 2009. Herb layer response to broadleaf tree species with different leaf litter quality and canopy structure in temperate forests. Journal of Vegetation Science 20: 517–526. &