The findings from this research were presented at the 2010 meeting of the American Association for Applied Linguistics, Atlanta, GA. We thank the participants in this study, who agreed to return for an eighth round of testing and interviews. We are grateful to the administrators and staff at NorQuest College and Metro Continuing Education for allowing us to contact the participants at the outset of the study. We thank Ron Thomson, who was involved with the first seven data collections, and Lori Diepenbroek, Amy Holtby, Jennifer Foote, and Jun Deng, who assisted with the final round of data collection. We are grateful to the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada for two grants awarded to us to carry out this research.
The Development of L2 Oral Language Skills in Two L1 Groups: A 7-Year Study
Version of Record online: 7 MAR 2013
© 2013 Language Learning Research Club, University of Michigan
Volume 63, Issue 2, pages 163–185, June 2013
How to Cite
Derwing, T. M. and Munro, M. J. (2013), The Development of L2 Oral Language Skills in Two L1 Groups: A 7-Year Study. Language Learning, 63: 163–185. doi: 10.1111/lang.12000
- Issue online: 10 MAY 2013
- Version of Record online: 7 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!