The project was funded by a Language Learning Research Grant and a Government of Canada Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship. I would like to thank Murray Munro, Leila Ranta, Ron Thomson, and the anonymous Language Learning reviewers for their useful and constructive comments on the earlier versions of the manuscript. Finally, I gratefully acknowledge the administration, teacher, and students at ECC Foreign Language Institute, especially Noriaki Okamura and Yukio Nagato.
The Acquisitional Value of Recasts in Instructed Second Language Speech Learning: Teaching the Perception and Production of English /ɹ/ to Adult Japanese Learners
Article first published online: 19 JUL 2013
© 2013 Language Learning Research Club, University of Michigan
Volume 63, Issue 3, pages 499–529, September 2013
How to Cite
Saito, K. (2013), The Acquisitional Value of Recasts in Instructed Second Language Speech Learning: Teaching the Perception and Production of English /ɹ/ to Adult Japanese Learners. Language Learning, 63: 499–529. doi: 10.1111/lang.12015
- Issue published online: 9 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 19 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 APR 2013
- Language Learning
- Government of Canada Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!