The author would to thank William Rose and three anonymous reviewers for thoughtful comments on earlier drafts of this article, the editors of Law & Society Review for their patience and guidance in the revision process, Armando López Muñoz and Daiset Ruiz-Sarquis for stimulating discussions on automobility and the law in Mexico, Nora López Matta for her work in transcribing interviews, and the state and federal officials working with the REPUVE who volunteered their time to explain the program to me. This research was supported by a National Science Foundation Grant (1024469) awarded through the Science, Technology, and Society and Law and Social Science programs.
Taking Hold of the Wheel: Automobility, Social Order, and the Law in Mexico's Public Registry of Vehicles (REPUVE)
Version of Record online: 22 JUL 2013
© 2013 Law and Society Association
Law & Society Review
Volume 47, Issue 3, pages 523–554, September 2013
How to Cite
Guzik, K. (2013), Taking Hold of the Wheel: Automobility, Social Order, and the Law in Mexico's Public Registry of Vehicles (REPUVE). Law & Society Review, 47: 523–554. doi: 10.1111/lasr.12032
- Issue online: 22 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 22 JUL 2013
- National Science Foundation Grant. Grant Number: 1024469
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!