I am grateful to the people who took the time to share their stories with me in the midst of difficult circumstances and to Anthony Nimley and Jelbeh Johnson, who contributed valuable research assistance. I would like to thank Susanne Tete, Samuel Agblorti, and Jeff Crisp for sharing their thoughts on UNHCR and the protests and Kaisa Akvist, Guy Threlfo, and Tehila Sagy for sharing their thoughts on politics and law in Buduburam. I would also like to thank the following people for their feedback on earlier drafts: Andrew Deener, Alice Kang, Kristy Kelly, Galya Ruffer, Zachary Lomo, Mary Bernstein, Francesca Bonelli, Jeremy Pais, Claudio Benzecry, Richard Wilson, and the editors and anonymous reviewers at LSR. Earlier versions of this article were presented at the 13th Biennial Meeting of the International Association for the Study of Forced Migration (under the auspices of IRC29 Legal Mobilization during Humanitarian Crises) and at the Northwestern Center for Forced Migration Studies Faculty Working Group Series. This work was supported by a fellowship from the Charlotte Newcombe Foundation, a grant from the National Science Foundation (0719733), and a Large Faculty Grant from the University of Connecticut.
What Happens to Law in a Refugee Camp?
Version of Record online: 21 OCT 2013
© 2013 Law and Society Association
Law & Society Review
Volume 47, Issue 4, pages 837–872, December 2013
How to Cite
Holzer, E. (2013), What Happens to Law in a Refugee Camp?. Law & Society Review, 47: 837–872. doi: 10.1111/lasr.12041
- Issue online: 21 OCT 2013
- Version of Record online: 21 OCT 2013
- Charlotte Newcombe Foundation
- National Science Foundation. Grant Number: 0719733
- University of Connecticut
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!