Why do I treat HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis B patients with pegylated interferon?
Version of Record online: 3 JAN 2013
© 2012 John Wiley & Sons A/S
Special Issue: Proceedings of the 6th Paris Hepatitis Conference, International Conference on the Management of Patients with Viral Hepatitis
Volume 33, Issue Supplement s1, pages 157–163, February 2013
How to Cite
Lampertico, P., Viganò, M. and Colombo, M. (2013), Why do I treat HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis B patients with pegylated interferon?. Liver International, 33: 157–163. doi: 10.1111/liv.12064
- Issue online: 3 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 3 JAN 2013
- 7Efficacy and impact on disease progression of IFN treatment in patients with HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis B: a long term Italian multicenter A.I.S.F. cohort study. Hepatology 2005; 42: 577A., , , et al.
- 16Sustained immune control 1 year post-treatment with Peginterferon Alfa-2a [40KD] (PEGASYS) is durable up to 5 years post-treatment and is associated with a high rate of HBsAg clearance in HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis B. 20th Conference of the Asian Pacific Association for the Study of the Liver (APASL), 25-28 March 2010, Beijing, China., , , et al.
- 24A pilot study of extended duration peginterferon alfa-2a for patients with hepatitis B e antigen-negative chronic hepatitis B. Am J Gastroenterol 2007; 102: 2718–23., , , .Direct Link:
- 28On-treatment decline in serum HBsAg levels predicts sustained immune control 1 year posttreatment, subsequent HBsAg clearance in HBeAg-negative hepatitis B virus-infected patients treated with peginterferon alfa-2a. Hepatol Int 2010; 4: 151., , , et al.
- 29PegBeLiver study: HBsAg decline at week 24 of extended peginterferon alfa-2a (Peg-IFNα-2a) therapy is significantly associated with post-treatment response in HBeAg-negative genotype D patients. J Hepatol 2011; 54: S293., , , et al.
- 30In patients with HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis B HBsAg serum levels early during treatment with peginterferon alfa-2a predict HBsAg clearance 4 years post-treatment. Hepatology 2008; 48: 718A., , , et al.
- 35Add-on Peg-IFN improves HBsAg kinetics in patients long-term fully suppressed by nucleos(t)ide analogs. J Hepatol 2012; 56S: S207., , , et al.