New therapeutic strategies in HCV: polymerase inhibitors
Version of Record online: 3 JAN 2013
© 2012 John Wiley & Sons A/S
Special Issue: Proceedings of the 6th Paris Hepatitis Conference, International Conference on the Management of Patients with Viral Hepatitis
Volume 33, Issue Supplement s1, pages 85–92, February 2013
How to Cite
Gerber, L., Welzel, T. M. and Zeuzem, S. (2013), New therapeutic strategies in HCV: polymerase inhibitors. Liver International, 33: 85–92. doi: 10.1111/liv.12068
- Issue online: 3 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 3 JAN 2013
- 1WHO. Hepatitis C: Available at http://www.who.int/csr/disease/hepatitis/whocdscsrlyo2003/en/index3.html. Accessed: August 2012.
- 12Phase I study in healthy volunteers and patients with IDX-375, a novel non-nucleoside HCV polymerase inhibitor. Hepatology 2010; 52(Suppl): 1219A., , , et al.
- 13High rates of early viral response, promising safety profile and lack resistance-related breakthrough in HCV GT1/4 patients treated with RG7128 plus pegIFN alfa-2a (40KD)/RBV: planned week 12 interim analysis from the PROPEL study. Hepatology 2010; 52(Suppl): 360–1A., , , et al.
- 14SVR-12 among G1/4treatment-naïve patients receiving mericitabine in combination with peg-IFNa-2A7RBV: interim analysis from the JUMP-C study. J Hepatol 2012; 56(Suppl): 477–8., , , et al.
- 15PSI-7977 PROTON AND ELECTRON: 100% concordance of SVR4 with in HCV GT1, GT2, & GT3. J Hepatol 2012; 56(Suppl): S4., et al.
- 16Once daily PSI-7977 plus peginterferon/ribavirin in a Phase 2b trial: rapid virologic suppression in treatment-naive patients with HCV genotype 2/3. J Hepatol 2011; 54(Suppl): S28., , , et al.
- 17Once daily GS-7977 plus ribavirin in HCV genotypes 1-3: the ELECTRON. Hepatology 2012; 56(Suppl): 306–7A., et al.
- 18Once daily sofosbuvir (GS-7977) plus PEG/RBV: high early response rates are maintained during post-treatment follow-up in treatment-naïve patients with HCV genotype 1, 4, and 6 infection in the ATOMIC study. Hepatology 2012; 56(Suppl): 307A., , et al.
- 20Interferon-free treatment with a combination of mericitabine and danoprevir/r with or without ribavirin in treatment naive HCV genotype 1 infected patients. J Hepatol 2012; 56(Suppl): 555–6..
- 21Gilead Announces Early Sustained Virologic Response Rates for GS-7977 Plus Ribavirin in Genotype 1 Treatment-Naive Hepatitis C Patients: Available at http://investors.gilead.com/phoenix.zhtml?c = 69964&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1684792&highlight. Accessed: October 2012.
- 22Potent viral suppression with all-oral combination of daclatasvir (NS5A inhibitor) and GS-7977 (NS5B inhibitor), +/-ribavirin, in treatment-naive patients with chronic HCV GT1, 2, or 3. J Hepatol 2012; 56(Suppl): 560., et al.
- 24Safety, pharmacokinetic and antiviral effect of BI207127, a novel HCV RNA polymerase inhibitor, after 5 days oral treatment in patients with chronic hepatitis C. J Hepatol 2009; 50(Suppl): S383–4., , , et al.
- 25Safety and antiviral activity of NS5B polymerase inhibitor MK-3281, in treatment-naive genotype 1a, 1b and 3 HCV-infected patients. Hepatology 2009; 50(Suppl): 1026-7A., , , et al.
- 27Safety, tolerability and antiviral activity of VCH-916, a novel non-nucleoside HCV polymerase inhibitor in patients with chronic HCV genotype 1 infection. J Hepatol 2009; 50(Suppl): S37., , , et al.
- 28High SVR following IFN-free treatment of chronic HCV GT1 infection for 4 weeks with HCV protease inhibitor BI 201335, polymerase inhibitor BI 207127 and ribavirin, followed by BI 201335 and PegIFN/ribavirin – the SOUND-C1 study. Hepatology 2011; 54(Suppl): 486-7A., , , et al.
- 29VX-222/telaprevir in combination with peginterferon-alfa-2a and ribavirin in treatment-naive genotype 1 HCV patients treated for 12 weeks: ZENITH study, SVR12 interim analysis. Hepatology 2011; 54: 1435A., , , et al.
- 30Antiviral activity of ANA598, a potent non-nucleoside polymerase inhibitor, in chronic hepatitis C patients. J Hepatol 2009; 50(Suppl): S384., , , et al.
- 32High SVR12 with 16 weeks of tegobuvir and GS-9256 with peginterferon-alfa 2a and ribavirin in treatment-naive genotype 1 HCV patients. J Hepatol 2012; 56(Suppl): S6–7., , , et al.
- 33Vertex Announces Positive Results from Viral Kinetic Study of the Nucleotide Analogue ALS-2200 in People with Hepatitis C: Available at http://investors.vrtx.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=696581. Accessed: October 2012.
- 34Virologic response to an interferon-free regimen of BI 201335 and BI 207127, with and without ribavirin, in treatment-naive patients with chronic genotype-1 HCV infection: week 12 interim results of the SOUND-C2 study. Hepatology 2011; 54(Suppl): 1436A., , , et al.
- 35A 12-week interferon-free regimen of ABT-450/r + ABT-333 + ribavirin achieved SVR12 in more than 90% of treatment-naïve HCV genotype-1-infected subjects and 47% of previous non-responders. J Hepatol 2012; 56(Suppl): S549–50.et al.,
- 36Complete SVR4 rates in treatment-naïve HCV genotype 1a and 1b patients who achieved vRVR with an interferon-free all-oral regimen. Hepatology 2012; 56(Suppl): 298A., , , et al.