Treating HCV in HIV 2013: on the cusp of change
Version of Record online: 23 DEC 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons A/S. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Special Issue: Proceedings of the 7th Paris Hepatitis Conference International Conference of the Management of Patients with Viral Hepatitis, 13–14 January 2014, Paris, France. Guest Editors: Patrick Marcellin and Tarik Asselah. The publication of this supplement was supported by an unrestricted educational grant from Gilead, Janssen Therapeutics, Janssen, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Roche, Boehringer Ingelheim, Merck, AbbVie, Novartis, Idenix and Alios.
Volume 34, Issue Supplement s1, pages 53–59, February 2014
How to Cite
Martel-Laferrière, V. and Dieterich, D. T. (2014), Treating HCV in HIV 2013: on the cusp of change. Liver International, 34: 53–59. doi: 10.1111/liv.12396
- Issue online: 23 DEC 2013
- Version of Record online: 23 DEC 2013
- 6Sustained virological response to interferon plus ribavirin reduces liver-related complications and mortality in patients coinfected with human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis C virus. Hepatology 2009; 50: 407–13., , , et al.
- 10GS-7977 & HIV ARTs PK – no clinically significant pharmacokinetic interactions between sofosbuvir (GS-7977) and HIV antiretrovirals atripla, rilpivirine, darunavir/ritonavir, or raltegravir in healthy volunteers. Hepatology 2012; 56(S1): 1067., , , et al.
- 12Clinical pharmacology of BOC: metabolism, excretion, and drug-drug interactions. 18th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI), Boston, 27 February-2 March, 2011. (Abstract 118), , , , .
- 13Assessment of HIV ARV drug interactions with the HCV NS5A replication complex inhibitor BMS-790052 demonstrates a pharmacokinetic profile which supports co-administration with tenofovir disoproxil fumarate, efavirenz, and atazanavir/ritonavir. 19th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI), Seattle, 5-8 March, 2012., , , et al.
- 14Pharmacokinetic interactions of darunavir/ritonavir, efavirenz, and tenofovir with the HCV protease inhibitor faldaprevir in healthy volunteers. 20th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Atlanta, 3–6 March, 2013., , , et al.
- 15The pharmokinetic interactions of HCV protease inhibitor TMC435 with RPV, TDF, EFV, or RAL in health volunteers. 19th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI), Seattle, 5-8 March, 2012. (Abstract 49), , , .
- 16Telaprevir and etravirine or rilpivirine. 13th HIV PK Workshop, Barcelona, 16-18 April, 2012. (Abstract O-18), , , et al.
- 17Absence of a significant pharmacokinetic interaction between the HCV protease inhibitor boceprevir and HIV-1 NNRTI rilpivirine. 20th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Atlanta, 3-6 March, 2013. (Abstract 537), , , et al.
- 18The pharmacokinetic interaction between telaprevir & raltegravir in healthy volunteers. 51st ICAAC, Chicago, 17-20 September, 2011. (Abstract A1-1738a), , , et al.
- 19The influence of the HCV protease inhibitor bocepravir on the pharmacokinetics of the HIV integrase inhibitor raltegravir. 19th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI), Seattle, 5-8 March, 2012. (Abstract 772), , , et al.
- 20Pharmacokinetic interactions between ARV agents and the investigational HCV protease inhibitor TVR in healthy volunteers. 18th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI), Boston, 27 February-2 March, 2011. (Abstract 119), , , et al.
- 22FDA. Drug Safety Communication: important drug interactions between Vitrelis (boceprevir) and ritonavir-boosted human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) protease inhibitor drugs. 2012. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm291119.htm. Accessed: 10 July 2013.
- 26Twelve weeks posttreatment follow-up is as relevant as 24 weeks to determine the sustained virologic response in patients with hepatitis C virus receiving pegylated interferon and ribavirin. Hepatology 2010; 51: 1122–6., , , et al.
- 27In APRICOT and PARADIGM 99% of HIV–HCV coinfected patients with an SVR12 achieved an SVR24 validating SVR12 as an endpoint for trials in this population. Hepatology 2012; 56(4 S1): 587A., , , et al.
- 28Combination therapy with telaprevir for chronic hepatitis C virus genotype 1 infection in patients with HIV: a randomized trial. Ann Intern Med 2013; 159: 86–96., , , et al.
- 29Simeprevir (TMC435) with peginterferon/ribavirin in patients co-infected with chronic genotype-1 HCV and HIV-1: week-24 interim analysis of the TMC435-C212 study. 20th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Atlanta, 3–6 March, 2013., , , et al.
- 30STARTVerso 4: high rates of early virologic response in HCV genotype 1/HIV-co-infected patients treated with faldaprevir plus pegIFN and RBV. 20th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Atlanta, 3–6 March, 2013., , , et al.
- 31ClinicalTrials.gov: a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health. Available at http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Accessed 4 September 2013.
- 35Incivek (telaprevir) in combination with drugs peginterferon alfa and ribavirin (incivek combination treatment): drug safety communication – serious skin reactions. 2013. Available at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/SafetyAlertsforHumanMedicalProducts/ucm332860.htm. Accessed: 14 September 2013.
- 36New drug application has been filed with FDA for simeprevir (TMC435) for combination treatment of adult patients with genotype 1 chronic hepatitis C. 2013. Available at http://www.medivir.se/v5/en/uptodate/pressrelease.cfm?year=2013&releaseid=758336. Accessed: 27 June 2013.
- 41Gilead Submits New Drug Application to U.S. FDA for sofosbuvir for the treatment of hepatitis C. 2013. Available at http://www.gilead.com/news/press-releases/2013/4/gilead-submits-new-drug-application-to-us-fda-for-sofosbuvir-for-the-treatment-of-hepatitis-c. Accessed: 10 June 2013.
- 43European AIDS Treatment Network (NEAT) Acute Hepatitis C Infection Consensus Panel. Acute hepatitis C in HIV-infected individuals: recommendations from the European AIDS Treatment Network (NEAT) consensus conference. AIDS 2011; 25: 399–409.
- 46Acute HCV infection – experiences from the United States. International Conference on Viral Hepatitis, New York, 25–6 March, 2012. (Plenary 5).