The author gratefully acknowledges the support of a postdoctoral fellowship from the American Association of University Women, which provided funding to carry out a substantial portion of this research. She also extends her gratitude to the reviewers whose helpful comments clarified and improved the article and to the members of the Comparative Analysis in Rape Research Network (CAiRRN) for ongoing discussion and feedback concerning this work. The research was approved by the IRBs of John Jay College of Criminal Justice (#6605) and Drexel University (Protocol #17720).
The New Trial by Ordeal: Rape Kits, Police Practices, and the Unintended Effects of Policy Innovation
Article first published online: 28 FEB 2013
© 2013 American Bar Foundation
Law & Social Inquiry
Volume 38, Issue 4, pages 920–949, Fall 2013
How to Cite
Corrigan, R. (2013), The New Trial by Ordeal: Rape Kits, Police Practices, and the Unintended Effects of Policy Innovation. Law & Social Inquiry, 38: 920–949. doi: 10.1111/lsi.12002
- Issue published online: 17 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 28 FEB 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!