Sida Liu is Assistant Professor of Sociology and Law at the University of Wisconsin–Madison, Research Fellow at Shanghai Jiao Tong University KoGuan Law School, and Faculty Fellow at the American Bar Foundation. An earlier version of the article was presented at the Fiftieth Anniversary Conference of the Center for the Study of Law and Society, University of California–Berkeley on November 4, 2011. The author thanks Lauren B. Edelman, Christine Parker, Jonathan Simon, David M. Trubek, David B. Wilkins, and anonymous reviewers for their comments on earlier drafts. Please direct all correspondence to Sida Liu, Sociology Department, University of Wisconsin–Madison, 8128 William H. Sewell Social Sciences Building, 1180 Observatory Drive, Madison, WI, 53706; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Legal Profession as a Social Process: A Theory on Lawyers and Globalization
Article first published online: 28 FEB 2013
© 2013 American Bar Foundation
Law & Social Inquiry
Volume 38, Issue 3, pages 670–693, Summer 2013
How to Cite
Liu, S. (2013), The Legal Profession as a Social Process: A Theory on Lawyers and Globalization. Law & Social Inquiry, 38: 670–693. doi: 10.1111/lsi.12007
- Issue published online: 23 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 28 FEB 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!