Sharon Pickering is a Professor of Criminology and Australian Research Council Future Fellow on Border Policing at Monash University in Melbourne Australia. Her books include Sex Work: Labour Mobility and Sexual Services (with Maher and Gerard) (2012); Borders and Crime (with McCulloch) (2012); Gender, Borders and Violence (2010); Sex Trafficking (2009) (with Segrave and Miliovjevic); Counter-Terrorism Policing (2008); and Refugees and State Crime (2005).
New Deterrence Scripts in Australia's Rejuvenated Offshore Detention Regime for Asylum Seekers
Article first published online: 25 JUN 2014
© 2014 American Bar Foundation
Law & Social Inquiry
Volume 39, Issue 4, pages 1006–1026, Fall 2014
How to Cite
Pickering, S. and Weber, L. (2014), New Deterrence Scripts in Australia's Rejuvenated Offshore Detention Regime for Asylum Seekers. Law & Social Inquiry, 39: 1006–1026. doi: 10.1111/lsi.12088
- Issue published online: 27 OCT 2014
- Article first published online: 25 JUN 2014
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!