I gratefully acknowledge support from the National Science Foundation (SES-0703418 and SES-0549973) and P.E.O. International. I thank Pamela Paxton, Vincent Roscigno, Wendy Smooth, and J. Craig Jenkins for their helpful comments on an earlier draft of this article. I also acknowledge the assistance of several scholars and activists who assisted in providing data for the underlying project from which this article was written, including Jerome Black, Majlinda Bregu, Soh Kee Bun, Ray Christiansen, Ina Druviete, Maximilian C. Forte, Milica Antić Gaber, Bernadette R. Ganilau, Josip Glaurdic, Anne Maria Holli, Veronika Kalmus, Heiko Meinhardt, Mohamad Maliki Osman, Prodip Saha, Terezija Stoisits, Tom Trier, and Andrew Wilder.
The Intersection of Gender and Minority Status in National Legislatures: The Minority Women Legislative Index
Article first published online: 22 OCT 2013
© 2013 The Comparative Legislative Research Center of The University of Iowa
Legislative Studies Quarterly
Volume 38, Issue 4, pages 489–516, November 2013
How to Cite
Hughes, M. M. (2013), The Intersection of Gender and Minority Status in National Legislatures: The Minority Women Legislative Index. Legislative Studies Quarterly, 38: 489–516. doi: 10.1111/lsq.12025
- Issue published online: 22 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 22 OCT 2013
- National Science Foundation. Grant Numbers: SES-0703418, SES-0549973
- P.E.O. International
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!