Application of nondestructive testing methods to study the damage zone underneath impact craters of MEMIN laboratory experiments
Version of Record online: 3 JAN 2013
© The Meteoritical Society, 2013
Meteoritics & Planetary Science
Volume 48, Issue 1, pages 87–98, January 2013
How to Cite
MOSER, D., POELCHAU, M. H., STARK, F. and GROSSE, C. (2013), Application of nondestructive testing methods to study the damage zone underneath impact craters of MEMIN laboratory experiments. Meteoritics & Planetary Science, 48: 87–98. doi: 10.1111/maps.12000
- Issue online: 25 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 3 JAN 2013
- (Received 13 April 2012; revision accepted 18 September 2012)
- 1975. A seismic refraction technique used for subsurface investigation at Meteor Crater, Arizona. Journal of Geophysical Research80:765–775. , , and
- 1993. Impact-induced tensional failure in rock. Journal of Geophysical Research98:1185–1203. and
- 2006. Shock-induced damage in rocks: Application to impact cratering. Ph.D. thesis, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, USA. 159 p. .
- 2004a. An experimental tomography study of impact-induced damage beneath craters (abstract #1979). 35th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference. CD-ROM. and
- 2004b. Dynamic tensile strength of terrestrial rocks and application to impact cratering. Meteoritics & Planetary Science39:233–246. and
- 2005. Shock-induced damage beneath normal and oblique impact craters (abstract #1243). 36th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference. CD-ROM. and .
- 1960. The velocity of compressional waves in rocks to 10 kilobars. Journal of Geophysical Research65:1083–1102.
- 2013. Deformation of dry and wet sandstone targets during hyper-velocity impact experiments, as revealed from MEMIN program. Meteoritics & Planetary Science48, doi: 10.1111/j.1945-5100.2012.01431.x. , , , and
- 1997. Survey of hydrocarbon-producing impact structures in North America: Exploration results to date and potential for discovery in Precambrian basement rock. Oklahoma Geological Survey Circular100:17–29.
- 2013. Crater morphology in sandstone targets: The MEMIN impact parameter study. Meteoritics & Planetary Science48, doi: 10.1111/maps.12024. , , , , , , and .
- 2013. Chemical modification of projectile residues and target material in a MEMIN cratering experiment. Meteoritics & Planetary Science48, doi: 10.1111/j.1945-5100.2012.1429.x. , , , and .
- 2013. Propagation of impact-induced shock waves in porous sandstone using mesoscale modeling. Meteoritics & Planetary Science48, doi: 10.1111/j.1945-5100.2012.01430.x. , , , and .
- 2013. Hypervelocity impacts on dry and wet sandstone: Observations of ejecta dynamics and crater growth. Meteoritics & Planetary Science48, doi: 10.1111/maps.12044. , , , , , , and .
- 1984. Recommendations for the use of resonant-frequency method in testing concrete specimens. Materials and Structures2:83–86. and
- 2011. Impact cratering in sandstone: The MEMIN pilot study on the effect of pore water. Meteoritics & Planetary Science46:890–902. , , , , , and
- 2013. Deformation and melting of steel projectiles in hypervelocity cratering experiments. Meteoritics & Planetary Science48, doi: 10.1111/maps.12018. , , , , , , , and .
- 2001. X-ray computed tomography. Physics Education36:442–451.
- 1974. Seismic velocities in dry and saturated cracked solids. Journal of Geophysical Research79:5412–5426. and
- 2011. Damage evaluating in freezing and thawing test of concrete by elastic-wave methods. Material and Structures44:1725–1734.
- 1996. The impact cratering record of Fennoscandia. Earth, Moon, and Planets72:377–393.
- 1992. The geophysical signature of terrestrial impact craters. Reviews of Geophysics30:161–181. and
- 2013. The MEMIN research unit: Scaling impact cratering experiments in porous sandstones. Meteoritics & Planetary Science48, doi: 10.1111/maps.12016. , , , , , and .
- 1990. Impact spallation experiments: Fracture patterns and spall velocities. Icarus87:140–155. and
- 1975. Meteor Crater, Arizona, rim drilling with thickness, structural uplift, diameter, depth, volume, and mass-balance calculations Proceedings, 6th Lunar Science Conference. pp. 2621–2644. , , , and
- 2013. Ejection behavior characteristics of experimental impacts into dry and wet sandstone: Results from the MEMIN research unit. Meteoritics & Planetary Science48, doi: 10.1111/maps.12017. , , , , , , , and .
- 1995. Elastic constants—Their dynamic measurement and calculation. Otto-Graf-Journal6:116–131. and
- 2001. Impact induced damage beneath craters. Geophysical Research Letters28:3525–3527. and