Astronomical evidence for the rapid growth of millimeter-sized particles in protoplanetary disks
Version of Record online: 5 DEC 2012
© The Meteoritical Society, 2012
Meteoritics & Planetary Science
Volume 47, Issue 12, pages 1915–1921, December 2012
How to Cite
WILLIAMS, J. P. (2012), Astronomical evidence for the rapid growth of millimeter-sized particles in protoplanetary disks. Meteoritics & Planetary Science, 47: 1915–1921. doi: 10.1111/maps.12028
- Issue online: 23 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 5 DEC 2012
- (Received 30 April 2012; revision accepted 20 October 2012)
- 2002. Lead isotopic ages of chondrules and calcium-aluminum-rich inclusions. Science297:1678–1683. , , , and
- 2005. Circumstellar dust disks in Taurus-Auriga: The submillimeter perspective. The Astrophysical Journal631:1134–1160. and
- 2007. A submillimeter view of circumstellar dust disks in ρ Ophiuchi. The Astrophysical Journal671:1800–1812. and
- 2010. Astrophysics of planet formation. Cambridge, U.K.: Cambridge University Press. .
- 1990. A survey for circumstellar disks around young stellar objects. Astronomical Journal99:924–945. , , , and
- 2012. A simple model for the evolution of the dust population in protoplanetary disks. Astronomy & Astrophysics539:A148. , and
- 1997. Giant planet formation by gravitational instability. Science276:1836–1839.
- 2005. Evolution of cold circumstellar dust around solar-type stars. Astronomical Journal129:1049–1062. , , , , and
- 2008. Disks, young stars, and radio waves: The quest for forming planetary systems. Frontiers of Astrophysics: A Celebration of NRAO’s 50th Anniversary395:193. and
- 2010. Forming planetesimals in solar and extrasolar nebulae. Annual Review of Earth and Planetary Sciences38:493–522. and
- 2008. Chronology of the solar system’s oldest solids. The Astrophysical Journal675:L121–L124. , , , and
- 2008. The Keck planet search: Detectability and the minimum mass and orbital period distribution of extrasolar planets. Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific120:531–554. , , , , , and
- 2008. Saturn forms by core accretion in 3.4 Myr. The Astrophysical Journal688:L99–L102. , , , , , and
- 1999. A HIPPARCOS census of the nearby OB associations. The Astronomical Journal117:354–399. , , , , and
- 2006. On the submillimeter opacity of protoplanetary disks. The Astrophysical Journal636:1114–1120.
- 2007. Models of the structure and evolution of protoplanetary disks. In Protostars and planets V, edited by , , and . Tucson, Arizona: The University of Arizona Press. pp. 555–572. , , , and .
- 2007. The Taurus molecular cloud: Multiwavelength surveys with XMM-Newton, the Spitzer Space telescope, and the Canada-France-Hawaii telescope. In Protostars and planets V, edited by Reipurth B., Jewitt D., and Keil K. Tucson, Arizona: The University of Arizona Press. pp. 329–344. , , and .
- 2001. Disk frequencies and lifetimes in young clusters. The Astrophysical Journal553:L153–L156. , , and
- 2008. A Spitzer view of protoplanetary disks in the gamma velorum cluster. The Astrophysical Journal686:1195–1208. , , , , , , and
- 2010. The occurrence and mass distribution of close-in super-Earths, Neptunes, and Jupiters. Science330:653. , , , , , , , , , and
- 2005. Accretion of the gaseous envelope of Jupiter around a 5–10 Earth-mass core. Icarus179:415–431. , , and
- 2011. Continuum and line modelling of discs around young stars. II. Line diagnostics for GASPS from the DENT grid. Astronomy & Astrophysics532:A85. , , , , , , , and
- 2009. Hf-W chronology of the accretion and early evolution of asteroids and terrestrial planets. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta73:5150–5188. , , , , , , , , and
- 2011. Protoplanetary disk masses in IC348: A rapid decline in the population of small dust grains after 1 Myr. The Astrophysical Journal736:135. , , and
- 2009. Massive protoplanetary disks in orion beyond the Trapezium cluster. The Astrophysical Journal699:L55–L58. and
- 2010. A submillimeter array survey of protoplanetary disks in the Orion Nebula cluster. The Astrophysical Journal725:430–442. and
- 2012. The late stages of protoplanetary disk evolution: A millimeter survey of upper Scorpius. The Astrophysical Journal745:23. , , , , , and
- 1994. Dust opacities for protostellar cores. Astronomy & Astrophysics291:943–959. and
- 1994. Composition and radiative properties of grains in molecular clouds and accretion disks. The Astrophysical Journal421:615–639. , , , , , and
- 2010. Dust grain growth in rho-Ophiuchi protoplanetary disks. Astronomy & Astrophysics521:A66. , , , and
- 1977. Aerodynamics of solid bodies in the solar nebula. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society180:57–70.
- 2011. Protoplanetary disks and their evolution. Annual Review of Astronomy and Astrophysics49:67–117. and
- 2005. Toward planetesimals in the disk around TW Hydrae: 3.5 centimeter dust emission. The Astrophysical Journal626:L109–L112. , , , , and
- 2010. Continuum and line modelling of discs around young stars—I. 300000 disc models for HERSCHEL/GASPS. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society405:L26–L30. , , , , , , , and
- 2011. The exoplanet census: A general method applied to Kepler. The Astrophysical Journal742:38.