Cosmogenic production rates and recoil loss effects in micrometeorites and interplanetary dust particles
Version of Record online: 25 JAN 2013
© The Meteoritical Society, 2013
Meteoritics & Planetary Science
Volume 48, Issue 2, pages 195–210, February 2013
How to Cite
Trappitsch, R. and Leya, I. (2013), Cosmogenic production rates and recoil loss effects in micrometeorites and interplanetary dust particles. Meteoritics & Planetary Science, 48: 195–210. doi: 10.1111/maps.12051
- Issue online: 26 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 25 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 19 APR 2012
- Swiss National Science Foundation
- NASA Cosmochemistry Program. Grant Number: NNX09AG39G
- 2009. New model calculations for the production rates of cosmogenic nuclides in iron meteorites. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 44:485–503. , , and
- 1981. Calculation of projected ranges—Analytical solutions and a simple general algorithm. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research 182/183:199–206.
- 1993. Zur Wechselwirkung der solaren kosmischen Strahlung mit extraterrestrischer Materie—Messung von Wirkungsquerschnitten und Modellrechnungen. Ph.D. thesis, Universität Hannover, Hannover, Germany, p. 293.
- 2002. Intranuclear cascade model for comprehensive description of spallation reaction data. Physical Review C66: No. 044615-1–044615-28. , , , and
- 2003. Interplanetary dust particles. In Meteorites, comets and planets, edited by Davis A. M. Oxford: Elsevier-Pergamon. pp. 689–711.
- 1988. Interplanetary dust. In Meteorites and the early solar system, edited by Kerridge J. F. and Matthews M. S. Tucson, Arizona: The University of Arizona Press. pp. 861–895. , , and
- 2006. Global comparison of TALYS and ALICE code calculations and evaluated data from ENDF/B, JENDL, and JEFF Files with measured neutron induced reaction cross sections at energies above 0.1 MeV. Journal of Nuclear and Radiochemical Sciences 7:N1–N4. , , and
- 1985. Cosmic dust: Collection and research. Annual Review of Earth and Planetary Sciences 13:147–173.
- 1980. Solar modulation effects in terrestrial production of carbon-14. Radiocarbon 22:133–158. and
- 1987. Solar cosmic ray produced radionuclides in the Salem meteorite. 18th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference. pp. 271–272. , , and
- 1987. Earth encounter velocities and exposure ages of IDPs from asteroidal and cometary sources. 18th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference. pp. 294–295.
- 1997. The textures and compositions of fine-grained Antarctic micrometeorites: Implications for compositions with meteorites. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 61:5149–5162. , , and
- 1988. Solar flare protons and alpha particles during the last three solar cycles. Journal of Geophysical Research 93:7195–7205. , , , , and
- 1978. Comparisons between observed and predicted cosmogenic noble gases in lunar samples. 9th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference. pp. 2311–2344. , , , , and
- 1990. Chemical analyses of meteorites: A compilation of stony and iron meteorite analyses. Meteoritics 25:323–337.
- 1970. Primordial noble gases in separated Meteoritic minerals—I. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 34:1175–1198. and
- 1988. Systematics of continuum angular distributions: Extensions to higher energies. Physics Review 37:2350–2370.
- 2006. Noble gas space exposure ages of individual interplanetary dust particles. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 41:1199–1217. , , and
- 2008. TALYS-1.0. Proceedings, International Conference on Nuclear Data for Science and Technology, Nice, France. pp. 211–214. , , and
- 1994. Petrology and geochemistry of Antarctic micrometeorites. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 58:3879–3904. , , , , and
- 2009. Cosmogenic nuclides in stony meteorites revisited. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 44:1061–1086. and
- 2001. The production of cosmogenic nuclides by galactic cosmic-ray particles for 2π exposure geometries. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 36:1547–1561. , , , and
- 1993. A direct measurement of the terrestrial mass accretion rate of cosmic dust. Science 262:550–553. and
- 1991. A collection of diverse micrometeorites recovered from 100 tons of Antarctic blue ice. Nature 351:44–47. , , , , , , and
- 1984. The energy spectra of solar energetic particles. Advances in Space Research 4:117–125. and
- 1992. 10Be and 26Al in individual cosmic spherules from Antarctica. Proceedings, 23rd Lunar and Planetary Science Conference. pp. 997–998. and
- 1995. Beryllium-10 and aluminum-26 in individual cosmic spherules from Antarctica. Meteoritics 30:728–732. , , , , , and
- 2007. Exposure histories of 10 micogram individual Antarctic micrometeorites: Radionuclide measurements, chemical, and morphological analyses (abstract #2129). 38th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference. CD-ROM. , , , and
- 2008. Exposure histories of micrometeorites found in a 434 kyr old layer in the Dome Fuji ice core (abstract #2231). 39th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference. CD-ROM. , , , , , and
- 2002a. Noble gas compositions of Antarctic micrometeorites collected at the Dome Fuji Station in 1996 and 1997. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 37:911–936. and
- 2002b. On low noble gas concentrations in Antarctic micrometeorites collected from Kuwagata Nunatak in the Yamato meteorite ice field. Antarctic Meteorite Research 15:165–177. and
- 2000. Noble gas measurements in individual micrometeorites using laser gas-extraction system. Antarctic Meteorite Research 13:322–341. , , , and
- 2003a. Noble gas isotopes and mineral assemblages of Antarctic micrometeorites collected at the meteorite ice filed around Yamato Mountains. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 38:1627–1640. , , and
- 2003b. Remnant extraterrestrial noble gases in Antarctic cosmic spherules. Antarctic Meteorite Research 16:196–216. , , , , and
- 2000. Spallation recoil and age of presolar grains in meteorites. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 35:53–63. and
- 2009. He and Ne ages of large presolar silicon carbide grains: Solving the recoil problem. Publications of the Astronomical Society of Australia 26:297–302. , , , , , , and
- 1994. Notes on ECIS 95. CEA Saclay Report No. CEA-N-2772.
- 1990. Cosmogenic radionuclide production rates in mini-spherules. 21st Lunar and Planetary Science Conference. pp. 1001–1002.
- 1999. Solar-cosmic-ray-produced nuclides in extraterrestrial matter (abstract). Workshop on Extraterrestrial Materials from Cold and Hot Deserts. pp. 69–71.
- 1998. Interplanetary dust particles. In Planetary materials, vol. 36, edited by Papike J. J. Washington, D.C.: Mineralogical Society of America. pp. 2.1–2.94.
- 1983. Elemental and isotopic composition of the galactic cosmic rays. Annual Review of Nuclear and Particle Science 33:323–382.
- 1999. Laser extraction of helium isotopes from Antarctic micrometeorites: Source of He and implications for the flux of extraterrestrial 3He to Earth. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 63:2653–2665. , , , and
- 2001. Seeking unbiased collections of modern and ancient micrometeorites. In Accretion of extraterrestrial matter throughout Earth's history, edited by Peucker-Ehrenbrink B. and Schmitz B. New York: Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers. pp. 205–219. and
- 1987. Cosmic ray proton 6 helium spectra from 5–200 GV measured with a magnetic spectrometer. International Cosmic Ray Conference 1:325–328. , , and
- 2008. Detailed history of recoiling ions induced by nucleons. Computer Physics Communications 178:88–104.
- 1950. The Poynting–Robertson effect on meteor orbits. The Astrophysical Journal 111:134–141. and
- 2004. SRIM-2003. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research B 219-220:1027–1036.