In situ U/Pb dating of impact-produced zircons from the Vargeão Dome (Southern Brazil)
Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2013
© The Meteoritical Society, 2013.
Meteoritics & Planetary Science
Volume 48, Issue 3, pages 420–431, March 2013
How to Cite
Nédélec, A., Paquette, J.-L., Yokoyama, E., Trindade, R. I. F., Aigouy, T. and Baratoux, D. (2013), In situ U/Pb dating of impact-produced zircons from the Vargeão Dome (Southern Brazil). Meteoritics & Planetary Science, 48: 420–431. doi: 10.1111/maps.12066
- Issue online: 18 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 26 JUN 2012
- Institut National des Sciences de l'Univers
- 2006. A LA-ICP-MS evaluation of Zr reservoirs in common crustal rocks: Implications for Zr and Hf geochemistry, and zircon-forming processes. The Canadian Mineralogist 44:693–714. , , and
- 2001. Low-δ18O rhyolites from Yellowstone: Magmatic evolution based on analyses of zircons and individual phenocryst. Journal of Petrology 42:1491–1517. and
- 2007. 40K-40Ar dating of the main Deccan large igneous province: Further evidence of KTB age and short duration. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 263:1–15. , , , , and
- 1995. Two carboniferous ages: A comparison of SHRIMP zircon dating with conventional zircon ages and 40Ar/39Ar analysis. In Geochronology, time scales and stratigraphic correlation, edited by Berggren W. A., Kent D. V., Aubry M. P., and Hardenbol J. SEPM Special Publication 54. pp. 1–22. , , , and .
- 1988. Isotope geochemistry of flood volcanics from the Paraná basin (Brazil). In The Mesozoic flood volcanism of the Paraná Basin, edited by Piccirillo E. M. and Melfi A. J. São Paulo, Brazil: IAG-USP. pp. 157–178. , , , , , , , , , and .
- 2012. Geology and impact features of Vargeão Dome, southern Brazil. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 47:51–71. , , , , and
- 2001. Terrestrial impact melt rocks and glasses. Earth Science Reviews 56:205–284. and
- 2010. Single crystal U-Pb zircon age and Sr-Nd isotopic composition of impactites from the Bosumtwi impact structure, Ghana: Comparison with country rocks and Ivory Coast tektites. Chemical Geology 275:254–261. , , , and
- 2004. The importance of being cratered: The new role of meteorite impact as a normal geological process. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 39:169–198.
- 1997. The age and thermal evolution of the Vredefort impact structure: A single-grain U-Pb zircon study. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 61:1531–1540. , , and
- 1995. 40Ar/39Ar dating of the Araguainha impact structure, Mato Grosso, Brazil. Meteoritics 30:227–233. and
- 1993. Paragenesis and U-Pb systematics of baddeleyite (ZrO2). Chemical Geology 110:95–126. and
- 1991. Isotopic and chemical evidence concerning the genesis and contamination of basaltic and rhyolitic magma beneath the Yellowstone plateau volcanic field. Journal of Petrology 32:63–138. , , and
- 2004. The application of laser ablation–inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry to in situ U–Pb zircon geochronology. Chemical Geology 211:47–69. , , , and
- 1971. Precision measurements of half-lives and specific activities of 235U and 238U. Physical Review 4:1889–1906. , , , , and
- 2007. Geology, petrography and geochemistry of the acid volcanism of the Paraná magmatic province in the Piraju-Ourinhos region, SE Brazil. Revista Brasileira de Geociências 37:745–759. , , , , , and
- 2011. The onset of flood basalt volcanism, northern Paraná Basin, Brazil: A precise U-Pb baddeleyite/zircon age for a Chapecó-type dacite. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 302:147–153. , , and
- 2002. Lava-sediment intercation in desert settings: Are all peperite-like textures the result of magma-water interaction? Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research 114:231–249. and
- 1974. Examples of twinning and parallel growth in zircons from some Precambrian granites and gneisses. Mineralogical Magazine 39:587–594. and
- 2009. An appraisal of the ages of terrestrial impact structures. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 286:1–13. , , and
- 2012. Dating terrestrial impact structures. Elements 8:49–53. , , and
- 2006. Pressure conditions for the solidification of the Skaergaard intrusion: Eruption of East Greenland flood basalts in less than 300,000 years. Lithos 92:181–197. and
- 2008. Pegmatites. The Canadian Mineralogist Special Publication 10. Québec: Mineralogical Association of Canada. 347 p. .
- 2001. User manual for Isoplot/Ex rev. 2.49. A geochronological toolkit for Microsoft Excel. 1a. Berkeley, California: Berkeley Geochronology Center. 56 p.
- 2007. High resolution (5 μm) U-Th-Pb isotopes dating of monazite with excimer laser ablation (ELA)-ICPMS. Chemical Geology 240:222–237. and
- 1988. The Mesozoic flood volcanism of the Paraná Basin. São Paulo, Brazil: IAG-USP. 600 p. and .
- 1988. Petrochemistry of continental flood basalt-rhyolite suites and related intrusives from the Paraná Basin (Brazil). In The Mesozoic flood volcanism of the Paraná Basin, edited by Piccirillo E. M. and Melfi A. J. São Paulo, Brazil: IAG-USP. pp. 107–156. , , , , , , , , , , and .
- 1998. Exogenic and endogenic breccias: A discussion of major problematics. Earth-Science Reviews 43:25–47.
- 1988. Crystal chemistry of pyroxenes from basalts and rhyodacites of the Paraná Basin (Brazil). In The Mesozoic flood volcanism of the Paraná Basin, edited by Piccirillo E. M. and Melfi A. J. São Paulo, Brazil: IAG-USP. pp 107–156. , , , , and .
- 1977. Subcommission on geochronology: Convention on the use of decay constants in geo- and cosmochronology. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 36:359–362. and
- 1972. U-Th-Pb systematics in three Apollo 14 basalts and the problem of initial Pb in lunar rocks. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 14:281–304. , and
- 2010. Paraná flood basalts: Rapid extrusion hypothesis confirmed by new 40Ar/39Ar results. Geology 38:747–750. and
- 2010. TitaniQ under pressure: The effect of pressure and temperature on the solubility of Ti in quartz. Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology 152:743–754. , , , , , and
- 2012. Geochronological constraints on the age of a Permo-Triassic impact event: U-Pb and 40Ar/39Ar results for the 40 km Araguainha structure of central Brazil. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 86:214–227. , , , , , , , , , , and
- 2011. U and Th content and Th/U ratios of zircons in felsic and mafic magmatic rocks: Improved zircon-melt distribution coefficients. Acta Geologica Sinica 85:164–174. , , , , and
- 2006. The TianiQ: A Titanium-in-quartz geothermometer. Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology 160:743–759. and
- 2010. Abbreviations for names of rock-forming minerals. American Mineralogist 95:185–187. and
- 2012. Geochemical signatures and magmatic stability of terrestrial impact produced zircon. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 321-322:20–31. , , and