The evolution of co-orbiting material in the orbit of 2201 Oljato from 1980 to 2012 as deduced from Pioneer Venus Orbiter and Venus Express magnetic records
Article first published online: 10 APR 2013
© The Meteoritical Society, 2013.
Meteoritics & Planetary Science
Volume 49, Issue 1, pages 28–35, January 2014
How to Cite
Lai, H., Russell, C. T., Wei, H. and Zhang, T. (2014), The evolution of co-orbiting material in the orbit of 2201 Oljato from 1980 to 2012 as deduced from Pioneer Venus Orbiter and Venus Express magnetic records. Meteoritics & Planetary Science, 49: 28–35. doi: 10.1111/maps.12102
- Issue published online: 21 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 10 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 6 SEP 2012
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration. Grant Number: NNX10AV29G
- 1985. Interplanetary magnetic field enhancements in the solar wind: Statistical properties at 1 AU. Icarus 62:230–243. , , , and
- 2006. The Yarkovsky and YORP effects: Implications for asteroid dynamics. Annual Review of Earth and Planetary Sciences 34:157–191. , , , and
- 1982. Theoretical meteor radiants of Apollo, Amor, and Aten asteroids. Icarus 49:143–153.
- 1977. Destruction of basaltic bodies by high-velocity impact. Icarus 31:277–288. , , and
- 1979. Resonances in the asteroid belt. In Asteroids, edited by Gehrels T. Tucson, Arizona: The University of Arizona Press. pp. 310–333. and
- 2003. Strong interplanetary field enhancements at Ulysses—Evidence of dust trails' interaction with the solar wind? Icarus 166:297–310. , , , and
- 2013. Solar wind plasma profiles during Interplanetary field enhancements (IFEs): Consistent with charged-dust pickup. AIP Conference Proceedings, in press. , , and
- 1984. Mineralogical-petrological characterization of near-Earth asteroids. Icarus 59:25–40. , , and
- 1993. The enigmatic object 2201 Oljato: Is it an asteroid or an evolved comet? Journal of Geophysical Research 98:3031–3041. , , , , and
- 1988. Identification of meteoroid streams from Apollo asteroids in the Adelaide radar orbit surveys. Icarus 75:64–96.
- 1987. Interplanetary magnetic field enhancements: Further evidence for an association with asteroid 2201 Oljato. Geophysical Research Letters 14:491–494.
- 1990. Interplanetary magnetic field enhancements: Evidence for solar wind dust trail interactions. Advances in Space Research 10:159–162.
- 1980. Pioneer Venus Orbiter fluxgate magnetometer. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing GE-18:32–35. , , , and
- 1983. An unusual interplanetary event: Encounter with a comet? Nature 305:612–615. , , , , and
- 1984a. Interplanetary field enhancements in the solar wind: Statistical properties at 0.72 AU. Icarus 60:332–350. , , and
- 1984b. Interplanetary magnetic field enhancements and their association with the asteroid 2201 Oljato. Science 226:43–45. , , , and
- 1985. Three spacecraft measurements of an unusual disturbance in the solar wind: Further evidence for a cometary encounter. Geophysical Research Letters 12:476–478. , , , and
- 2010. Interplanetary field enhancements travel at the solar wind speed. Geophysical Research Letters 37:L07204. , , , , , and
- the OSIRIS team. 2010. A collision in 2009 as the origin of the debris trail of asteroid P/2010 A2. Nature 467:814–816. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and
- 1950. The Poynting-Robertson effect on meteor orbits. The Astrophysical Journal 111:134–141. and
- 2006. Magnetic field investigation of the Venus plasma environment: Expected new results from Venus Express. Planetary and Space Science 54:1336–1343. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and