Frequency of hyperbolic and interstellar meteoroids
Article first published online: 6 MAY 2013
© The Meteoritical Society, 2013.
Meteoritics & Planetary Science
Volume 49, Issue 1, pages 63–68, January 2014
How to Cite
Hajduková, M., Kornoš, L. and Tóth, J. (2014), Frequency of hyperbolic and interstellar meteoroids. Meteoritics & Planetary Science, 49: 63–68. doi: 10.1111/maps.12119
- Issue published online: 21 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 6 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 24 AUG 2012
- Slovak Scientific Grant Agency VEGA. Grant Number: 0636/09
- Slovak Research and Development Agency. Grant Number: APVV-0516-10
- 2007. Interstellar meteors. Proceedings of the Dust in Planetary System, ESA SP-643, Kauai, Hawaii. pp. 27–32. , , and
- 1993. Dust detection from space vehicles. In Meteoroids and their parent bodies, edited by J. Štohl and I. P. Williams. Bratislava: Astronomical Institute of Slovak Academy of Sciences. pp. 349–356.
- 2000. Collisional consequences of big interstellar grains. Journal of Geophysical Research 105:10403–10410. and
- 1997. South-north and radial traverses through the interplanetary dust cloud. Icarus 129:270–288. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and
- 1994. On the frequency of interstellar meteoroids. Astronomy & Astrophysics 288:330–334.
- 2008. Meteors in the IAU meteor data center on hyperbolic orbits. Earth, Moon, and Planets 102:67–71.
- 2011. Interstellar meteoroids in the Japanese TV catalogue. Publications of the Astronomical Society of Japan 63:481–487.
- 2007. Hyperbolic and interstellar meteors in the IAU MDC radar data. Contributions of the Astronomical Observatory Skalnate Pleso 37:18–30. and
- 1997. Optical detection of two meteoroids from interstellar space. Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada 91:218–219. and
- 2001. Extreme hyperbolic meteors. Master's thesis, Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovak Republic.
- 2007. Interstellar dust in the solar system. Space Science Reviews 130:401–408. , , , and
- 2000. Astronomy on the personal computer. Berlin: Springer. and
- 2012. An optical survey for millimeter-sized interstellar meteoroids. The Astrophysical Journal 745:161–166. , , , , and
- 1975. Computer solution of ordinary differential equations. San Francisco: Freeman and Comp. and
- SonotaCo. 2009. A meteor shower catalogue based on video observations in 2007–2008. WGN 37:55–62.
- 1998. Planetary and Lunar Ephemerides. DE405/LE405, JPL I0M, 312. F-98-048.
- 1971. On the problem of hyperbolic meteors. Bulletin of the Astronomical Institute of Czechoslovakia 21:10–17.
- 2010. Analysis of the SonotaCo video meteor orbits. WGN 38:54–58. and
- 2004. A search for interstellar meteoroids using the Canadian meteor orbit radar (CMOR). Earth, Moon, and Planets 95:221–227. and
- 2011. Preliminary results on the gravitational slingshot effect and the population of hyperbolic meteoroids at earth. In Meteoroids: The smallest solar system bodies, edited by Cooke W. J., Moser D. E., Hardin B. F., and Janches D. Hanover, Maryland: NASA/CP-2011-216469. pp. 106–113.