Degree of impactor fragmentation under collision with a regolith surface—Laboratory impact experiments of rock projectiles
Article first published online: 20 MAY 2013
© The Meteoritical Society, 2013.
Meteoritics & Planetary Science
Volume 49, Issue 1, pages 69–79, January 2014
How to Cite
Nagaoka, H., Takasawa, S., Nakamura, A. M. and Sangen, K. (2014), Degree of impactor fragmentation under collision with a regolith surface—Laboratory impact experiments of rock projectiles. Meteoritics & Planetary Science, 49: 69–79. doi: 10.1111/maps.12126
- Issue published online: 21 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 20 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 11 SEP 2012
- grants-in-aid for science research. Grant Number: 21244069
- Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science
- 1995. Shock wave data for rocks. In Rock physics & phase relations, edited by Ahrens T. J. Washington, D.C.: The America Geophysical Union. pp. 35–44. and .
- 1998. Shock wave equation of state of chondritic meteorites. In Shock compression of condensed matter, edited by Schmidt S. C., Dandekar D. P., and Forbes J. W. New York: American Institute of Physics. pp. 115–118. and .
- 1994. Velocity distributions among colliding asteroids. Icarus 107:255–268. , , , and
- 2003. Stony meteorite porosities and densities: A review of the data through 2001. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 38:1161–1180. and
- 1980. Experimental study on the velocity of fragments in collisional breakup. Icarus 44:142–153. and
- 2006. The rubble-pile asteroid Itokawa as observed by Hayabusa. Science 312:1330–1334. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and
- 2002. Asteroid impacts: Laboratory experiments and scaling laws. In Asteroids III, edited by Bottke W. F., Cellino A., Paolicchi P., and Binzel R. P. Tucson, Arizona: The University of Arizona Press. pp. 443–462. , , , , and .
- 1999. Scale effects in strength-dominated collisions of rocky asteroids. Icarus 142:21–33. and
- 2009. The impact and recovery of asteroid 2008 TC3. Nature 458:485–488. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and
- 2010. Fragment properties at the catastrophic disruption threshold: The effect of the parent body's internal structure. Icarus 207:54–65. , , , and
- 1984. Gun facilities in Okayama University and some studies in application. In Proceedings, 35th Aeroballistic Range Association Meeting, Meppen, Germany. and .
- 2011. The dynamic strength of an ordinary chondrite. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 46:1653–1669. and
- 2001. Radar constraints on asteroid regolith properties using 433 Eros a ground truth. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 36:1697–1709. , , , , and
- 1982. Laboratory simulation of planetesimal collision. Journal of Geophysical Research 87:10968–10982. , , , and
- 1989. Impact cratering: A geologic process. New York: Oxford University Press. 253 p.
- 2008. Itokawa's cratering record as observed by Hayabusa: Implications for its age and collisional history. Icarus 200:503–513. , , , and
- 2007. Weibull parameters of Yakuno basalt targets used in documented high-velocity impact experiments. Journal of Geophysical Research 112:E02001. , , and
- 2009. Collisional disruption experiments of porous targets. Planetary and Space Science 57:111–118. , , , and
- 2003. Formation history of CI-like phyllosilicate-rich clasts in the Tsukuba meteorite inferred from mineralogy and noble gas signatures. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 212:321–336. , , and
- 2013. Impact experiments on capture of exotic dust grains by highly porous primitive bodies. Icarus 224:209–217. , , , , , and
- 2011. Very low strengths of interplanetary meteoroids and small asteroids. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 46:1525–1550. , , , , , , and
- 2012. Delivery of dark material to Vesta via carbonaceous chondritic impacts. Icarus 221:544–559. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and
- 2010. High- and low-velocity impact experiments on porous sintered glass bead targets of different compressive strengths: Outcome sensitivity and scaling. Icarus 205:702–711. , , , , , , , and
- 1984. Impact fragmentation experiments of basalts and pyrophyllites. Icarus 59:462–477. , , and
- 2009. Strength measurement of carbonaceous chondrites and micrometeorites using micro compression testing machine. 72nd Annual Meeting of the Mateoritical Society, abstract 5189. , , , , and
- 1939. A statistical theory of the strength of materials. Ingenioersvetenskaps Akademiens Handlingar. 151:1–45.
- 1996. Mineralogy of carbonaceous chondrite clasts in HED achondrites and the Moon. Meteoritics 31:518–537. , , , and