Fluid inclusions in microstructures of shocked quartz from the Keurusselkä impact site, Central Finland
Version of Record online: 28 MAY 2013
© The Meteoritical Society, 2013.
Meteoritics & Planetary Science
Volume 48, Issue 6, pages 1043–1049, June 2013
How to Cite
Poutiainen, M. and Heikkilä, P. (2013), Fluid inclusions in microstructures of shocked quartz from the Keurusselkä impact site, Central Finland. Meteoritics & Planetary Science, 48: 1043–1049. doi: 10.1111/maps.12128
- Issue online: 13 JUN 2013
- Version of Record online: 28 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 6 FEB 2012
- 2002. The impact cratering record of Fennoscandia. In Impacts in Precambrian shields, edited by Plado J. and Pesonen L. J. Berlin: Springer Verlag. pp. 1–58. , , , and
- 1996. Methane inclusions in shocked quartz from the Gardnos impact breccia, South Norway. European Journal of Mineralogy 8:927–936. and
- 1981. High pressure and temperature equation of state and calculation of the thermodynamic properties of gaseous carbon dioxide. American Journal of Science 281:615–660. and
- 1983. Calculation of the thermodynamic and geochemical consequences of nonideal mixing in the system H2O-CO2-NaCl on phase relations in geologic systems: Equation of state for H2O-CO2-NaCl fluids at high pressures and temperatures. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 47:1247–1275. and
- 1989. A microcomputer program for the reduction and investigation of fluid inclusion data. American Mineralogist 74:1390–1393.
- 1989. P-V-T properties of fluids in the system H2O ± CO2 ± NaCl: New graphical presentations and implications for fluid inclusion studies. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 53:1209–1221. and
- 2008. Impact structures and events—A Nordic perspective. Episodes 31:107–114. , , , , , and
- 2004. Experimental simulation of shock-induced re-equilibration of fluid inclusions. The Canadian Mineralogist 42:1357–1368. , , and
- 2010. The Keurusselkä impact structure, Finland—Impact origin confirmed by characterization of planar deformation features in quartz grains. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 45:434–446. , , , , and
- 1996. Distinguishing shocked from tectonically deformed quartz by the use of the SEM and chemical etching. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 142:513–521. , , and
- 2011. Scanning electron microscope-cathodoluminescence (SEM-CL) imaging of planar deformation features and tectonic deformation lamellae in quartz. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 46:1814–1831. and
- 1992. Impact craters and craterform structures in Fennoscandia. Tectonophysics 216:31–40. and
- 2004. Keurusselkä―A new impact structure in central Finland (abstract #1619). 35th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference. CD-ROM. and
- 2007. Keurusselkä―Distribution of shatter cones (abstract #1762). 38th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference. CD-ROM. and .
- 2002. Hornblende alteration and fluid inclusions in Kärdla impact crater, Estonia: Evidence for impact-induced hydrothermal activity. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 37:449–457. , , , , , , and
- 1988. Fluid-inclusion evidence for impact heating at the Siljan Ring, Sweden. Geology 16:711–715. , , and
- 2003. Classification of metamorphism and the Svecofennian orogeny. In Granitic systems—State of art and future avenues. An international symposium in honor of professor Ilmari Haapala, January 12-14, 2003, edited by Rämö O. T., Kosunen P. J., Lauri L. S., and Karhu J. A. Abstracts. Helsinki, Finland: Helsinki University Press. pp. 58–60. .
- 1985. Fluid inclusions in quartz from a quartz breccia in the Siljan Ring structure, central Sweden. Geologiska Föreningens I Stockholm Förhandlingar 107:53–58. and
- 2003. Keski-Suomen granitoidikompleksi: karttaselitys. Summary: Central Finland Granitoid Complex—Explanation to a map. Report of Investigation 157. Geological Survey of Finland. 45 p. .
- 2011. Rock magnetic and paleomagnetic study of the Keurusselkä impact structure, central Finland. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 46:1670–1687. , , , and
- 2003. Fluid inclusions: Analysis and interpretation. Mineralogical Association of Canada Short Course 32. Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada: Mineralogical Association of Canada. 374 p. , , and
- 2009. A high-precision late mesoproterozoic 40Ar/39Ar age for the Keurusselkä impact structure (Finland) (abstract #1028). 40th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference. CD-ROM. , , , , , and .
- 1983. Metamorphism and fluid inclusions in the basement of the Vredefort Dome, South Africa: Guidelines to the origin of the structure. Journal of Petrology 24:26–47.
- 1981. CO2-rich fluid inclusions along planar elements of quartz in basement rocks of the Vredefort Dome, South Africa. Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology 77:93–100. and
- 1985. A practical guide to fluid inclusion studies. London: Blackie. 239 p. , , and .
- 1995. Textural evolution of synthetic fluid inclusions in quartz during re-equilibration, with application to tectonic reconstruction. Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology 121:309–323. and