Local and regional founder effects in lake zooplankton persist after thousands of years despite high dispersal potential
Version of Record online: 15 FEB 2014
© 2014 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Volume 23, Issue 5, pages 1014–1027, March 2014
How to Cite
Ventura, M., Petrusek, A., Miró, A., Hamrová, E., Buñay, D., De Meester, L. and Mergeay, J. (2014), Local and regional founder effects in lake zooplankton persist after thousands of years despite high dispersal potential. Molecular Ecology, 23: 1014–1027. doi: 10.1111/mec.12656
- Issue online: 26 FEB 2014
- Version of Record online: 15 FEB 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 7 JAN 2014 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 22 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 SEP 2013
- Spanish Government projects Fundalzoo. Grant Number: CGL2010-14841
- Invasivefish. Grant Number: 427/2011
- ENDESA S. A.. Grant Number: 6900014499
- CSIC. Grant Number: EST001267
- KU Leuven Excellence Center. Grant Number: PF/2010/07
- Czech Science Foundation. Grant Number: P506/10/P167
Table S1 Overview of the sampled water bodies, their morphological characteristics, location and connectivity to others in the catchment.
Table S2 List of Accession nos from this study and those from the western Palaearctic retrieved from GenBank.
Table S3 Descriptive statistics of genetic diversity at nDNA, measured at nine microsatellite loci.
Fig. S1 Evidence for a spatially structured demographic expansion.
Fig. S2 Changes in Daphnia longispina abundance along the ice-free periods of 2010 and 2011 in Lake Llarg (upper panels) and their body size distribution.
Fig. S3 Haplotype network for variation at the mitochondrial 12S rDNA gene.
Appendix S1 Extended methods on genetic analysis and extended results on genetic diversity and dispersal inferred from mtDNA.
Please note: Wiley Blackwell is not responsible for the content or functionality of any supporting information supplied by the authors. Any queries (other than missing content) should be directed to the corresponding author for the article.