We extend grateful thanks to all the parents and children involved in this research. The authors also wish to thank the National Autistic Society, as well as Professor Sue Buckley at Down Syndrome Education International, for invaluable assistance in contacting participants and their families. Many thanks also to Kim Freeman for data collection and collation and to two anonymous reviewers for helpful feedback.
Which Words are Hard for Autistic Children to Learn?
Article first published online: 31 OCT 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Mind & Language
Volume 28, Issue 5, pages 661–698, November 2013
How to Cite
SCHAFER, G., WILLIAMS, T. I. and SMITH, P. T. (2013), Which Words are Hard for Autistic Children to Learn?. Mind & Language, 28: 661–698. doi: 10.1111/mila.12038
- Issue published online: 31 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 31 OCT 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!