The present work was developed thanks to funding from the John Templeton Foundation and the Center for Philosophy of Religion at the University of Notre Dame through the particular support of the ‘Problem of Evil in Modern and Contemporary Thought’ project administered by Sam Newlands and Michael Rea. I am also thankful for discussion and comments on an earlier draft from Murat Aydede, David Bain, Michael Brady, Robert Cowan, Dan Shargel, an anonymous referee, and to participants in the Pain, Unpleasantness, and Motivation workshop at the University of Glasgow sponsored by the above funders.
Unpleasantness, Motivational Oomph, and Painfulness
Version of Record online: 2 APR 2014
© 2014 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Mind & Language
Volume 29, Issue 2, pages 238–254, April 2014
How to Cite
CORNS, J. (2014), Unpleasantness, Motivational Oomph, and Painfulness. Mind & Language, 29: 238–254. doi: 10.1111/mila.12048
- Issue online: 2 APR 2014
- Version of Record online: 2 APR 2014
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!