The role of beverages in childhood nutrition
Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2014
©2014 Nestle. Nutrition Bulletin published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd on behalf of British Nutrition Foundation.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Volume 39, Issue 1, pages 137–140, March 2014
How to Cite
Sidnell, A. (2014), The role of beverages in childhood nutrition. Nutrition Bulletin, 39: 137–140. doi: 10.1111/nbu.12079
- Issue online: 19 FEB 2014
- Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2014
- 2012) Italian children go to school with a hydration deficit. Journal of Nutritional Disorders & Therapy 2: 1–6. , , et al. (
- 2012) Hydration deficit after breakfast intake among British schoolchildren. The FASEB Journal 26 (Suppl.): lb395. , , et al. (
- 2010) Hydration and health: a review. Nutrition Bulletin 35: 3–25. & (
- 2012) French children start their school day with a hydration deficit. Annals of Nutrition & Metabolism 60: 257–263. , , et al. (
- 2006) Milk minerals (including trace elements) and bone health. International Dairy Journal 16: 1389–1398. (
- 1996) Prevention of anaemia in inner city toddlers by an iron supplemented cows' milk formula. Archives of Disease in Childhood 75: 9–16. , , et al. (
- DH & FSA (Department of Health and Food Standards Agency) (2012) Diet and Nutrition Survey of Infants and Young Children, 2011. Edited by Lennox A, Sommerville J, Ong K et al. Available at: http://transparency.dh.gov.uk/2013/03/13/dnsiyc-2011/ (accessed 25 November 2013).
- 2008) Nutrient profiling of foods: creating a nutrient-rich food index. Nutrition Reviews 66: 23–39. & (
- 2013) Dairy product intake in children and adolescents in developed countries: trends, nutritional contribution, and a review of association with health outcomes. Nutrition Reviews. doi: 10.1111/nure.12078. & (
- EFSA (European Food Safety Authority) (2008) Nutrient Profiling For Foods Bearing Nutrition and Health Claims Summary Report. EFSA Scientific Colloquium 9, 11–12 October 2007 – Parma, Italy. Available at: http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/supporting/pub/119e.htm (accessed 25 November 2013).
- EFSA (European Food Safety Authority) (2010) Scientific opinion on dietary reference values for water. EFSA Journal 8: 1459. [48 pp.]. Available at: http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/efsajournal/pub/1459.htm (accessed 25 November 2013).
- 2013) Improving hydration in children: a sensible guide. Nutrition Bulletin 38: 236–242. (
- IOM (Institute of Medicine) (2005) Panel on Dietary Reference Intakes for Electrolytes and Water, Standing Committee on the Scientific Evaluation of Dietary Reference Intakes. Dietary Reference Intakes for Water, Potassium, Sodium, Chloride, and Sulfate. The National Academies Press: Washington DC. Available at: http://www.nap.edu (accessed 25 November 2013).
- NHANES (National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey) (1999–present) Survey Results and Products from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes/nhanes_products.htm (accessed 25 November 2013).
- 2011) Milk and oral health. Available at: http://www.borrowfoundation.org/assets/uploads/milk-and-oral-health.pdf (accessed 25 November 2013). & (
- 2013) Influence of dairy product consumption on children's blood pressure: results from the QUALITY cohort. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 113: 936–941. , , et al. (