Analysis of parkinsonian tremor and rigidity relying on peripheral and central intensifying mechanisms through thalamic activities
Article first published online: 2 APR 2014
© 2014 Japanese Society of Neurology and Wiley Publishing Asia Pty Ltd
Neurology and Clinical Neuroscience
Volume 2, Issue 2, pages 28–37, March 2014
How to Cite
Narabayashi, Y. and Oshima, T. (2014), Analysis of parkinsonian tremor and rigidity relying on peripheral and central intensifying mechanisms through thalamic activities. Neurology & Clinical Neurosc, 2: 28–37. doi: 10.1111/ncn3.77
- Issue published online: 11 JUL 2014
- Article first published online: 2 APR 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 17 FEB 2014 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 FEB 2014
- 1Central origin of parkinsonian tremor examined with thalamic activities on their temporal sequences in on- and off-sets. Neurol. Clin. Neurosci. 2013 (submitted)., .
- 2Central origin of parkinsonian rigidity examined with thalamic activities on their temporal relationships. Neurol. Clin. Neurosci. 2013 (submitted)., .
- 3Analytical monitoring of brain activities for thalamotomy as related with pathophysiology of parkinsonian motor symptoms. Neurol. Clin. Neurosci. 2013 (submitted)., , .
- 4Members of the UPDRS Development Committee. Unified idiopathic Parkinson's disease rating scale. In: Fahn S, Marsden CD, Calne D, Goldstein M, eds. Recent Developments in Parkinson's Disease, Vol 2. Florham Park, NJ: MacMillan Healthcare Information, 1987; 153–64., ,
- 5Members of the Movement Disorder Society UPDRS Revision Task Force. Movement Disorder Society-sponsored revision of the Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale (MDS-UPDRS): scale presentation and clinimetric testing results. Mov. Disord. 2008; 23: 2129–70.,
- 6Introduction to Stereotaxis with an Atlas of the Human Brain. Stuttgart: Georg Thieme Verlag, 1959., .
- 8Analysis of the parkinsonian thalamic beta-band rhythmic activities that synchronize with limb muscle electromyograms. Jpn. J. Physiol. Suppl. 2004; 54: S192., .
- 13Cogwheel rigidity. In: Zukunft der Neurologie. Stuttgart: George Thieme, 1967; 188–94., , .
- 15Altered motor cortical activity in extrapyramidal rigidity. In: Poirier LJ, Sourkes TL, Bédard PJ, eds. Advances in Neurology, Vol. 24. New York: Raven Press, 1979; 141–60., , .
- 17Effects of kinesthetic inputs on parkinsonian tremor. In: Poirier LJ, Sourkes TL, Bedard PJ, eds. Advances in Neurology, Vol. 24. New York: Raven Press, 1979; 161–73., , .