Confidence-weighted testing: A descriptive study of Japanese nursing students
Article first published online: 16 JUL 2013
© 2013 Wiley Publishing Asia Pty Ltd
Nursing & Health Sciences
Volume 15, Issue 4, pages 504–509, December 2013
How to Cite
Aoyama, M., Tamura, Y., Ishikawa, Y., Yada, M. and Miyawaki, I. (2013), Confidence-weighted testing: A descriptive study of Japanese nursing students. Nursing & Health Sciences, 15: 504–509. doi: 10.1111/nhs.12066
- Issue published online: 2 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 16 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 18 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 11 OCT 2012
- a Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C) 2007–2010. Grant Number: 19592462
- A study of students' confidence regarding their knowledge and psychomotor skills on fundamental nursing skills using Confidence-Weighted Testing (CWT). The 1st International Nursing Research Conference of World Academy of Nursing Science Program & Abstracts. Kobe: World Academy of Nursing Science, 2009; 231. , , et al.
- Assessment of nursing skills acquisition of cognitive and psychomotor domains with confidence- weighted test. J. Jpn. Acad. Nurs. Educ. 2007; 17: 1–10. (in Japanese with English abstract). , , , , .
- Exercise of personal and collective in changing societies. In: Bandura A (ed.). Self-efficacy in Changing Societies. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1997; 1–45. .
- The graduate nurse experience. J. Nurs. Adm. 2004; 34: 303–311. , , , .
- Feedback: an essential element of student learning in clinical practice. Nurse. Educ. Pract. 2008; 8: 405–411. , .
- The essentials of debriefing in simulation learning: a concept analysis. Nurs. Educ. Perspect. 2009; 30: 109–114. .
- Strategies to improve final year nursing students' confidence. JUNS. An Online Publication for Baccalaureate Nursing Students. 2009; 11. [Cited 10 Nov 2011.] Available from URL: http://www.juns.nursing.arizona.edu/articles/fall%202009/improve%20final%20year.pdf. .
- The nursing shortage. In: Aiken L , Benner P , Watson J et al. (eds). Crisis in Nursing: Strategies for a Better Tomorrow. Tokyo: Life Support, 2009; 57–86. (in Japanese). , , .
- The power of feedback. Rev. Educ. Res. 2007; 77: 81–112. , .
- The student nurses self-study for basic nursing technology acquisition–pretest and checklist. Mie Nurs. J. 2011; 13: 63–71. (in Japanese with English abstract). , , .
- Japanese Nursing Association Nurse Central Nurse Center. Prevention of newly graduated nursing personnel from resigning at an early stage on nursing education. In: Ichikawa I , Kameoka T , Chiba H et al. (eds). Prevention of Newly Qualified Nurse Turnover within One Year after Entering the Nursing Field. Tokyo: Japanese Nursing Association Nurse Central Nurse Center, 2006; 7–30. [Cited 4 Nov 2006.] Available from URL: https://www.nurse-center.net/nccs/scontents/1 (in Japanese).
- Self-evaluation. In: Sakamoto T , Mizukoshi T , Nisinosono H (eds). Encyclopedia of Educational Technology. Tokyo: Jikkyo Shuppan, 2000; 249–250. (in Japanese). .
- Nurses' training and confidence on deep venous catheterization. Technol. Health Care 2008; 16: 159–169. , , , , .
- On Caring. New York: Harper Collins, 1971. .
- Reflection. In: Gregg MF , Ikenishi E (eds). Nursing Education. Tokyo: Nankodo, 2009; 117–128. (in Japanese). , .
- Mish FC , Copeland RD , Despres JM , Lowe JG , Pease RW Jr , Rader JL (eds). Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary. Springfield: Merriam-Webster Incorporated, 2003.
- Feedback. In: Sakamoto T , Mizukoshi T , Nisinosono H (eds). Encyclopedia of Educational Technology. Tokyo: Jikkyo Shuppan, 2000; 448–450. (in Japanese). .
- Signification on educational evaluation with confidence-weighted testing (CWT): feedback of confidence value. Med. Educ. Jpn. 2004; 35: 28. (in Japanese). , .
- A study of process of confidence value and answers on confidence-weighted testing. Med. Educ. Jpn. 1999; 30: 345. (in Japanese). , , , , , .
- Psychomotor skill development. J. Contin. Educ. Nurs. 1990; 21: 202–204. .
- Examination of the education to learn fundamentals of nursing art at nursing universities/colleges. J. Jpn. Acad. Nurs. Educ. 2009; 19: 13–27. (in Japanese with English abstract). , , .
- Concept analysis: confidence/self-confidence. Nurs. Forum 2011; 46: 218–230. .
- Newly qualified nurses: competence or confidence? Nurse Educ. Today 2009; 29: 467–468. , .
- Improving Competence in Nursing Practice (2th edn). Tokyo: Igakushoin, 2004; 38. (in Japanese). .
- An international perspective regarding nursing education. In: Turale S , Katsui N , Watanabe T (eds). Cross-Cultural Understanding and Health Care. Tokyo: Nihon Housyasen Gishikai Syuppan, 2008; 35–45. (in Japanese). .
- Self-confidence: a concept analysis. Nurs. Forum 2009; 44: 103–113. .
- Self-efficacy and educational development. In: Bandura A (ed.). Self-Efficacy Changing Societies. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1997; 202–231. .