Thanks to Marc Moffett for commentary on an ancestor of this paper that was presented at the Pacific APA, to David Braun for helpful questions and conversation, and to an audience at Carleton University, where I presented a version of the paper much closer to its final state. My sincere gratitude to an anonymous referee for helpful suggestions regarding philosophical content and for pushing me to clean up the presentation.
Keeping (Direct) Reference in Mind†
Article first published online: 24 JAN 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 48, Issue 2, pages 342–367, June 2014
How to Cite
Edwards, K. (2014), Keeping (Direct) Reference in Mind. Noûs, 48: 342–367. doi: 10.1111/nous.12009
- Issue published online: 15 APR 2014
- Article first published online: 24 JAN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!