Eliminating the purple acid phosphatase AtPAP26 in Arabidopsis thaliana delays leaf senescence and impairs phosphorus remobilization
Version of Record online: 16 OCT 2012
© 2012 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2012 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 196, Issue 4, pages 1024–1029, December 2012
How to Cite
Robinson, W. D., Carson, I., Ying, S., Ellis, K. and Plaxton, W. C. (2012), Eliminating the purple acid phosphatase AtPAP26 in Arabidopsis thaliana delays leaf senescence and impairs phosphorus remobilization. New Phytologist, 196: 1024–1029. doi: 10.1111/nph.12006
- Issue online: 5 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 16 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 23 AUG 2012
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)
- Queen's Research Chairs program
- 1999. Regulation of S-like ribonuclease levels in Arabidopsis. Antisense inhibition of RNS1 or RNS2 elevates anthocyanin accumulation. Plant Physiology 119: 331–342. , , .
- 2003. The molecular analysis of leaf senescence – a genomics approach. Plant Biotechnology Journal 1: 3–22. , , , , , , .
- 1999. A type 5 acid phosphatase gene from Arabidopsis thaliana is induced by phosphate starvation and by some other types of phosphate mobilising/oxidative stress conditions. Plant Journal 19: 579–589. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Large-scale identification of leaf senescence-associated genes. Plant Journal 36: 629–642. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. A gene encoding an acyl hydrolase is involved in leaf senescence in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 14: 805–815. , .
- 2011. RNS2, a conserved member of the RNase T2 family, is necessary for ribosomal RNA decay in plants. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 108: 1093–1098. , , , , , .
- 2001. Nutrients remobilized from leaves of Arabidopsis thaliana during leaf senescence. Journal of Plant Physiology 158: 1317–1323. , .
- 2010. The dual-targeted purple acid phosphatase AtPAP26 is essential for efficient acclimation of Arabidopsis thaliana to nutritional phosphate deprivation. Plant Physiology 153: 1112–1122. , , , , , , .
- 2010. Leaf senescence is accompanied by an early disruption of the microtubule network in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 154: 1710–1720. , , , , , , .
- 2001. The characterization of LeNUC1, a nuclease associated with leaf senescence of tomato. Physiologia Plantarum 112: 176–182. , , , .
- 2006. Suppression of LX ribonuclease in tomato results in a delay of leaf senescence and abscission. Plant Physiology 142: 710–721. , , , .
- 2002. AhSL28, a senescence- and phosphate starvation-induced S-like RNase gene in Antirrhinum. Biochimica Et Biophysica Acta 1579: 64–71. , , , , .
- 2007. Leaf senescence. Annual Review of Plant Biology 58: 115–136. , , .
- 2004. Molecular events in senescing Arabidopsis leaves. Plant Journal 39: 612–628. , .
- 2001. Analysis of relative gene expression data using real-time quantitative PCR and the 2(T)(-Delta Delta C) method. Methods 25: 402–408. , .
- 2012. The secreted purple acid phosphatase isozymes AtPAP12 and AtPAP26 play a pivotal role in extracellular phosphate scavenging by Arabidopsis thaliana. Journal of Experimental Botany, in press. , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Effect of seed phosphorus and soil phosphorus applications on early growth of rice (Oryza sativa L.) cv. IR66. Soil Science and Plant Nutrition 43: 499–506. , , .
- 1993. RNS2 - a senescence-associated RNase of Arabidopsis that diverged from the S-RNases before speciation. Plant Physiology 102: 5118–5122. , , .
- 2000. Altered membrane lipase expression delays leaf senescence. Biochemical Society Transactions 28: 775–777. , , .
- 2010a. Biochemical and molecular characterization of AtPAP12 and AtPAP26: the predominant purple acid phosphatase isozymes secreted by phosphate-starved Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant, Cell & Environment 33: 1789–1803. , , , , , .
- 2010b. Feeding hungry plants: the role of purple acid phosphatases in phosphate nutrition. Plant Science 179: 14–27. , , .
- 2006. Biochemical and molecular characterization of AtPAP26, a vacuolar purple acid phosphatase up-regulated in phosphate-deprived Arabidopsis suspension cells and seedlings. Plant Physiology 142: 1282–1293. , , , , .
- 2012. Opportunities for improving phosphorus-use efficiency in crop plants. New Phytologist 195: 306–320. , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. Acquisition or utilization, which is more critical for enhancing phosphorus efficiency in modern crops? Plant Science 179: 302–306. , , .
- 1998. A comparison of the expression patterns of several senescence-associated genes in response to stress and hormone treatment. Plant Molecular Biology 37: 455–469. , , , .
- 2012. Nature and nurture: the importance of seed phosphorus content. Plant and Soil 357: 1–8. , .