Article first published online: 26 NOV 2012
© 2013 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2013 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 197, Issue 1, pages 11–15, January 2013
How to Cite
Roelfsema, M. R. G. and Kollist, H. (2013), Tiny pores with a global impact. New Phytologist, 197: 11–15. doi: 10.1111/nph.12050
- Issue published online: 26 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 26 NOV 2012
- 2010. Regional specification of stomatal production by the putative ligand CHALLAH. Development 137: 447–455. , .
- 2012. Reconstitution of abscisic acid activation of SLAC1 anion channel by CPK6 and OST1 kinases and branched ABI1 PP2C phosphatase action. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 109: 10593–10598. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Passive origins of stomatal control in vascular plants. Science 331: 582–585. , .
- 2011. Regulatory mechanism controlling stomatal behavior conserved across 400 million years of land plant evolution. Current Biology 21: 1025–1029. , , , , , , .
- 1991. Physiological and environmental-regulation of stomatal conductance, photosynthesis and transpiration – a model that includes a laminar boundary-layer. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 54: 107–136. , , , .
- 2009. BASL controls asymmetric cell division in Arabidopsis. Cell 137: 1320–1330. , , .
- 2012. Physiological framework for adaptation of stomata to CO2 from glacial to future concentrations. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Series B, Biological Sciences 367: 537–546. , , , , .
- 2011. Stomatal closure by fast abscisic acid signaling is mediated by the guard cell anion channel SLAH3 and the receptor RCAR1. Science Signaling 4: ra32. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. Guard cell anion channel SLAC1 is regulated by CDPK protein kinases with distinct Ca2+ affinities. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 107: 8023–8028. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Activity of guard cell anion channel SLAC1 is controlled by drought-stress signaling kinase-phosphatase pair. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 106: 21425–21430. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2007. The secretory peptide gene EPF1 enforces the stomatal one-cell-spacing rule. Genes & Development 21: 1720–1725. , , , , .
- 2011. Stomatal control as a driver of plant evolution. Journal of Experimental Botany 62: 2419–2423. , , .
- 2012. OnGuard, a computational platform for quantitative kinetic modeling of guard cell physiology. Plant Physiology 159: 1026–1042. , , , , .
- 2011b. Carbonic anhydrases are upstream regulators of CO2-controlled stomatal movements in guard cells. Nature Cell Biology 12: 1465–7392. , , , , , , , , .
- 2011a. Effect of partial root-zone irrigation on hydraulic conductivity in the soil–root system of maize plant. Journal of Experimental Botany 62: 4163–4172. , , , .
- 2009. The signaling peptide EPF2 controls asymmetric cell divisions during stomatal development. Current Biology 19: 864–869. , .
- 2012. The ARP2/3 complex mediates guard cell actin reorganization and stomatal movement in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 24: 2031–2040. , , , , , .
- 2001. phot1 and phot2 mediate blue light regulation of stomatal opening. Nature 414: 656–660. , , , , , .
- 1999. Blue light activates the plasma membrane H+-ATPase by phosphorylation of the C-terminus in stomatal guard cells. EMBO Journal 18: 5548–5558. , .
- 2011. Anion channels in plant cells. FEBS Journal 278: 4277–4292. , , , .
- 2012. Direct interaction of ligand-receptor pairs specifying stomatal patterning. Genes & Development 26: 126–136. , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. A protein kinasephosphatase pair interacts with an ion channel to regulate ABA signaling in plant guard cells. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 106: 21419–21424. , , , .
- 2011. Sequence and function of basic helix-loop-helix proteins required for stomatal development in Arabidopsis are deeply conserved in land plants. Evolution & Development 13: 182–192. , .
- 2008. Agronomy: five crop researchers who could change the world. Nature 456: 563–568. .
- 2007. Blue light inhibits guard cell plasma membrane anion channels in a phototropin-dependent manner. Plant Journal 50: 29–39. , , .
- 2012. Fern and lycophyte guard cells do not respond to endogenous abscisic acid. Plant Cell 24: 1510–1521. , .
- 2006. Plant stomata function in innate immunity against bacterial invasion. Cell 126: 969–980. , , , , .
- 2007. Constitutive activation of a plasma membrane H+-ATPase prevents abscisic acid-mediated stomatal closure. EMBO Journal 26: 3216–3226. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. AtALMT12 represents an R-type anion channel required for stomatal movement in Arabidopsis guard cells. Plant Journal 63: 1054–1062. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. CO2 regulator SLAC1 and its homologues are essential for anion homeostasis in plant cells. Nature 452: 483–486. , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Molecular profiling of stomatal meristemoids reveals new component of asymmetric cell division and commonalities among stem cell populations in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 23: 3260–3275. , , , .
- 2012. Anion channels: master switches of stress responses. Trends in Plant Science 17: 221–229. , , .
- 2005. In the light of stomatal opening: new insights into ‘the Watergate’. New Phytologist 167: 665–691. , .
- 2011. Land plants acquired active stomatal control early in their evolutionary history. Current Biology 21: 1030–1035. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Plant pathogens trick guard cells into opening the gates. Cell 126: 831–834. , .
- 2012. Photosynthetic pathway and ecological adaptation explain stomatal trait diversity amongst grasses. New Phytologist 193: 387–396. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. SLAC1 is required for plant guard cell S-type anion channel function in stomatal signalling. Nature 452: 487–491. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. Ozone-triggered rapid stomatal response involves the production of reactive oxygen species, and is controlled by SLAC1 and OST1. Plant Journal 62: 442–453. , , , , , , , , , et al.