A gain-of-function mutation in the ROC1 gene alters plant architecture in Arabidopsis
Version of Record online: 3 DEC 2012
© 2012 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2012 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 197, Issue 3, pages 751–762, February 2013
How to Cite
Ma, X., Song, L., Yang, Y. and Liu, D. (2013), A gain-of-function mutation in the ROC1 gene alters plant architecture in Arabidopsis. New Phytologist, 197: 751–762. doi: 10.1111/nph.12056
- Issue online: 7 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 3 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 19 SEP 2012
- Ministry of Science and Technology of China. Grant Number: 2009CB119100
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Number: 31170238
- Ministry of Agriculture of China. Grant Number: 2011ZX08009-003-005
- 2010. The role of two F-box proteins, SLEEPY1 and SNEEZY, in Arabidopsis GA signalling. Plant Physiology 155: 765–775. , , .
- 2010. Gibberellins control fruit patterning in Arabidopsis thaliana. Genes & Development 24: 2127–2132. , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Role of prolyl cis/trans isomers in cyclophilin-assisted Pseudomonas syringae AvrRpt2 protease activation. Biochemistry 49: 1042–1052. , , , .
- 2001. Regulation of vegetative phase change in Arabidopsis thaliana by cyclophilin 40. Science 291: 2405–2407. , , , .
- 2002. Regulation of the tyrosine kinase Itk by the peptidyl-prolyl isomerase cyclophilin A. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 99: 1899–1904. , , , .
- 1994. Cyclophilins are encoded by a small gene family in rice. Plant Molecular Biology 25: 837–843. , , , .
- 2007. Ectopic expression of ThCYP1, a stress-responsive cyclophilin gene from Thellungiella halophila, confers salt tolerance in fission yeast and tobacco cells. Plant Cell Reports 26: 237–245. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Activation of a phytopathogenic bacterial effector protein by a eukaryotic cyclophilin. Science 308: 548–550. , , .
- 2006. Eukaryotic cyclophilin as a molecular switch for effctor activation. Molecular Microbiology 61: 1485–1496. , , , , .
- 1994. Arabidopsis mutants simulating disease resistance responses. Cell 77: 565–577. , , , , , .
- 2008. A cyclophilin links redox and light signals to cysteine biosynthesis and stress responses in chloroplasts. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 105: 16386–16391. , , , , , .
- 1998. An Arabidopsis immunophilin, AtFKBP12, binds to AtFIP37 (FKBP interacting protein) in an interaction that is disrupted by FK506. Plant Journal 15: 783–789. , , .
- 1992. Isomerase and chaperone activity of prolyl isomerase in the folding of carbonic anhydrase. Science 258: 466–468. , , , , .
- 2007. A chloroplast cyclophilin and maintenance of functions in the assembly photosystem II in Arabidopsis thaliana. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 104: 15947–15952. , , , , , .
- 1993. Peptidylproline cis-trans-isomerases: immunophilins. European Journal of Biochemistry 216: 689–707. .
- 1999. Variations of sequences and amino acid compositions of proteins that sustain their biological functions: an analysis of the cyclophilin family of proteins. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 371: 149–162. .
- 1990. Structure and expression of cytosolic cyclophilin peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase of higher plants and production of active tomato cyclophilin in Escherichia coli. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 87: 9519–9523. , , , .
- 2004. GID2, an F-box subunit of the SCF E3 complex, specifically interacts with phosphorylated SLR1 protein and regulates the gibberellin-dependent degradation of SLR1 in rice. Plant Journal 37: 626–634. , , , , , , .
- 2006. AtCyp59 is a multidomain cyclophilin from Arabidopsis thaliana that interacts with SR proteins and the C-terminal domain of the RNA polymerase II. RNA 12: 631–643. , , .
- 2009. An F-box gene, CPR30, functions as a negative regulator of the defense response in Arabidopsis. Plant Journal 60: 757–770. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1984. Cyclophilin: a specific cytosolic binding protein for cyclosporin A. Science 226: 544–546. , , , , .
- 2009. The angiosperm Gibberellin-GID-DELLA growth regulatory mechanism: how an “inhibitor of an inhibitor” enables flexible responses to fluctuating environment. Plant Cell 21: 1328–1339. , , .
- 2003. The genes of the green revolution. Trends in Genetics 19: 5–9. .
- 2002. Fitness costs of induced resistance: emerging experimental support for a slippery concept. Trends in Plant Science 7: 61–67. , .
- 2011. Funneling of gibberellin signaling by the GRAS transcription regulator SCARECROW-LIKE 3 in the Arabidopsis root. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 108: 2166–2171. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Plant growth homeostasis is controlled by the Arabidopsis BON1 and BAP1 genes. Genes & Development 15: 2263–2272. , , , .
- 2001. slender Rice, a constitutive gibberellin response mutant, is caused by a null mutation of the SLR1 gene, an ortholog of the height-regulating gene GAI/RGA/RHT/D8. Plant Cell 13: 999–1010. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. A humidity-sensitive Arabidopsis copine mutant exhibits precocious cell death and increased disease resistance. Plant Cell 13: 2225–2240. , , .
- 1989. The GUS reporter gene system. Nature 342: 837–838. .
- 2007. GA action: turning on de-DELLA repressing signaling. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 10: 461–465. , .
- 1999. Characterization of cytosolic cyclophilin from guard cells of Vicia faba L. Plant Cell Physiology 40: 53–59. , .
- 2006. Identification of plant stress-responsive determinants in Arabidopsis by large-scale forward genetic screens. Journal of Experimental Botany 57: 1119–1128. , , .
- 2009. Heterologous expression of a salinity and developmentally regulated rice cyclophilin gene (OsCyp2) in E. coli and S. cerevisiae confers tolerance towards multiple abiotic stresses. Molecular Biotechnology 42: 195–204. , , , .
- 2010. Integrative study on proteomics, molecular physiology, and genetics reveals an accumulation of cyclophilin-like protein, TaCYP20-2, leading to an increase of Rht protein and dwarf in a novel GA-Insensitive mutant (gaid) in wheat. Journal of Proteome Research 9: 4242–4253. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. A WD40 domain cyclophilin interacts with histone H3 and functions in gene repression and organogenesis in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 19: 2403–2416. , , , , , , .
- 1994. Cloning and characterization of chloroplast and cytosolic forms of cyclophilin from Arabidopsis thaliana. Journal of Biological Chemistry 269: 7863–7868. , , , , , .
- 1994. pCyPB: a chloroplastic localized, heat shock-responsive cyclophilin from fava bean. Plant Cell 6: 3167–3173. , , .
- 2003. The Arabidopsis SLEEPY1 gene encodes a putative F-box subunit of an SCF E3 ubiquitin ligase. Plant Cell 15: 1120–1130. , , , , , , .
- 2008. Gibberellin-induced DELLA recognition by the gibberellin receptor GID1. Nature 456: 459–463. , , , .
- 1962. A revised medium for rapid growth and bioassays with tobacco tissue cultures. Physiologia Plantarum 15: 473–497. , .
- 2006. The diageotropica gene of tomato encodes a cyclophilin: a novel player in auxin signaling. Planta 224: 133–144. , , , .
- 1997. The Arabidopsis GAI gene defines a signaling pathway that negatively regulates gibberellin responses. Genes & Development 11: 3194–3205. , , , , , , .
- 1999. ‘Green revolution’ genes encode mutant gibberellin response modulators. Nature 400: 256–261. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2004. The Arabidopsis cyclophilin gene family. Plant Physiology 134: 1268–1282. , , .
- 2002. The intranuclear prolactin/cyclophilin B complex as a transcriptional inducer. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 99: 6790–6795. , .
- 2001. Repressing a repressor: gibberellin-induced rapid reduction of the RGA protein in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 13: 1555–1565. , , , , , .
- 2009. Cyclophilin 40 is required for microRNA activity in Arabidopsis. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 106: 5424–5429. , , , , , , .
- 2010. Gibberellin-GID1-DELLA: a pivotal regulatory module for plant growth and development. Plant Physiology 154: 567–570. .
- 1992. Cloning the Arabidopsis GA1 locus by genomic subtraction. Plant Cell 4: 119–128. , , .
- 2010. The perception of gibberellins: clues from receptor structure. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 13: 503–508. , .
- 2011. The Arabidopsis Purple Acid Phosphatase AtPAP10 is predominantly associated with the root surface and plays an important role in plant tolerance to phosphate limitation. Plant Physiology 157: 1283–1299. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2007. Molecular basis of plant architecture. Annual Review of Plant Biology 59: 253–279. , .
- 2003. Enhanced transcription the Arabidopsis disease resistance genes RPW8.1 and RPW8.2 via a salicylic acid-dependent amplification circuit is required for hypersensititve cell death. Plant Cell 15: 33–45. , , , , .
- 2010. One-step, zero-background ligation independent cloning intron-containing hairpin RNA constructs for RNAi in plants. New Phytologist 187: 240–250. , , , , , .
- 2004. A haplotype-specific resistance gene regulated by BONZAI1 mediates temperature-dependent growth control in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 16: 1060–1071. , .
- 2003. A gain-of-function mutation in a plant disease resistance gene leads to constitutive activation of downstream signal transduction pathways in suppressor of npr1-1, constitutive 1. Plant Cell 15: 2636–2646. , , , .