Indeterminate domain 10 regulates ammonium-mediated gene expression in rice roots
Version of Record online: 20 DEC 2012
© 2012 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2012 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 197, Issue 3, pages 791–804, February 2013
How to Cite
Xuan, Y. H., Priatama, R. A., Huang, J., Je, B. I., Liu, J. M., Park, S. J., Piao, H. L., Son, D. Y., Lee, J. J., Park, S. H., Jung, K. H., Kim, T. H. and Han, C.-d. (2013), Indeterminate domain 10 regulates ammonium-mediated gene expression in rice roots. New Phytologist, 197: 791–804. doi: 10.1111/nph.12075
- Issue online: 7 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 20 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 9 JUL 2012
- Next-Generation BioGreen 21 Program. Grant Numbers: PJ008215, PJ008168
- Rural Development Administration
- BK21 program
- 2005. Localization of NAD-isocitrate dehydrogenase and glutamate dehydrogenase in rice roots: candidates for providing carbon skeletons to NADH-glutamate synthase. Plant Cell and Physiology 46: 1724–1734. , , , , , .
- 2003. Generation and analysis of end sequence database for T-DNA tagging lines in rice. Plant Physiology 133: 2040–2047. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2003. Root development and absorption of ammonium and nitrate from the rhizosphere. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation 21: 416–431. , , , .
- 2002. toxicity in higher plants: a critical review. Journal of Plant Physiology 159: 567–584. , .
- 2009. The nodule inception-like protein 7 modulates nitrate sensing and metabolism in Arabidopsis. Plant Journal 57: 426–435. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2011. Nitrogen signalling in Arabidopsis: how to obtain insights into a complex signalling network. Journal of Experimental Botany 62: 1391–1397. , , , .
- 1999. Molecular analysis of rice plants harboring an Ac/Ds transposable element-mediated gene trapping system. Plant Journal 19: 615–623. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2006. The maize INDETERMINATE1 flowering time regulator defines a highly conserved zinc finger protein family in higher plants. BMC Genomics 7: 158. , , , , , .
- 1998. The indeterminate gene encodes a zinc finger protein and regulates a leaf-generated signal required for the transition to flowering in maize. Cell 93: 593–603. , , .
- 2011. The Arabidopsis C2H2 zinc finger INDETERMINATE DOMAIN1/ENHYDROUS promotes the transition to germination by regulating light and hormonal signaling during seed maturation. Plant Cell 23: 1772–1794. , , , , , , .
- 1982. Sugar, amino acid, and inorganic contents in rice phloem sap. Plant Cell and Physiology 23: 273–283. , .
- 1999. Are isocitrate dehydrogenases and 2-oxoglutarate involved in the regulation of glutamate synthesis? Trends in Plant Science 4: 1360–1385. , , .
- 2008. Systems approach identifies an organic nitrogen-responsive gene network that is regulated by the master clock control gene CCA1. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 105: 4939–4944. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2008. Inhibition of ammonium assimilation restores elongation of seminal rice roots repressed by high levels of exogenous ammonium. Physiologia Plantarum 134: 183–190. , , , , , .
- 1999. Okadaic acid mimics nitrogen stimulated transcription of NADH-glutamate synthase gene in rice cell cultures. Plant Physiology 121: 805–812. , .
- 2007. N form-dependent growth retardation of Arabidopsis thaliana seedlings as revealed from physiological and microarray studies. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science 170: 87–97. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 1997. A serine/threonine protein kinase gene isolated by an in vivo binding procedure using the Arabidopsis floral homeotic gene product, AGMOUS. Plant Cell and Physiology 38: 248–258. , , , .
- 1992. In situ hybridization in plants. In: Bowles DJ, Gurr SJ, McPhereson M, eds. Molecular plant pathology: a practical approach. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press, 163–174. .
- 1992. Nit2, the nitrogen regulatory protein of Neurospora crassa, binds upstream of Nia, the tomato nitrate reductase gene, in vitro. Current Genetics 21: 37–41. , , , .
- 2010. RAV-Like1 maintains brassinosteroid homeostasis via the coordinated activation of BRI1 and biosynthetic genes in rice. Plant Cell 22: 1777–1791. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. Identification of a nitrate-responsive cis-element in the Arabidopsis NIR1 promoter defines the presence of multiple cis-regulatory elements for nitrogen response. Plant Journal 63: 269–282. , .
- 2004. The maize ID1 flowering time regulator is a zinc finger protein with novel DNA binding properties. Nucleic Acids Research 32: 1710–1720. , , .
- 2010. Nitrate signaling: adaptation to fluctuating environments. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 13: 266–273. , , , .
- 2003. Differential expression of three members of the AMT1 gene family encoding putative high-affinity transporters in roots of Oryza sativa subspecies indica. Plant, Cell & Environment 26: 907–914. , , , , .
- 2006. Expression profiles of 10,422 genes at early stage of low nitrogen stress in rice assayed using a cDNA microarray. Plant Molecular Biology 60: 617–631. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Cytokinin metabolism and action. Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology 52: 89–118. , .
- 2006. A C2H2-type zinc finger protein, SGR5, is involved in early events of gravitropism in Arabidopsis inflorescence stems. Plant Journal 47: 619–628. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Overexpression of cytosolic glutamine synthetase. Relation to nitrogen, light, and photorespiration. Plant Physiology 129: 1170–1180. , , , , .
- 2008. Rice Indeterminate 1 (OsId1) is necessary for the expression of Ehd1 (Early heading date 1) regardless of photoperiod. Plant Journal 56: 1018–1029. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. Distinct signalling pathways and transcriptome response signatures differentiate ammonium and nitrate-supplied plants. Plant, Cell & Environment 33: 1486–1501. , , , , , .
- 1999. AtAMT1 gene expression and uptake in roots of Arabidopsis thaliana: evidence for regulation by root glutamine levels. Plant Journal 19: 143–152. , , , , .
- 1990. Methods in yeast genetics. Cold Spring Harbor, NY, USA: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press. , , .
- 2008. Differential regulation of two glutamine synthetase genes by a single Dof transcription factor. Plant Journal 56: 73–85. , , , .
- 2004. Genome-wide reprogramming of primary and secondary metabolism, protein synthesis, cellular growth processes, and the regulatory infrastructure of Arabidopsis in response to nitrogen. Plant Physiology 136: 2483–2499. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2011b. Two splice variants of the IDD14 transcription factor competitively form nonfunctional heterodimers which may regulate starch metabolism. Nature Communications 2: 303. , , , , .
- 2011a. Modulation of sugar metabolism by an INDETERMINATE DOMAIN transcription factor contributes to photoperiodic flowering in Arabidopsis. Plant Journal 65: 418–429. , , , .
- 2003a. Distinct expression and function of three ammonium transporter genes (OsAMT1;1–1;3) in rice. Plant Cell and Physiology 44: 726–734. , , , , , .
- 2003b. Feedback regulation of the ammonium transporter gene family AMT1 by glutamine in rice. Plant Cell and Physiology 44: 1396–1402. , , , , .
- 2003. Constitutive expression of a novel-type ammonium transporter OsAMT2 in rice plants. Plant Cell and Physiology 44: 206–211. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Assimilation of ammonium ions and reutilization of nitrogen in rice (Oryza sativa L.). Journal of Experimental Botany 58: 2319–2327. , , .
- 2005. Severe reduction in growth rate and grain filling of rice mutants lacking OsGS1:1, a cytosolic glutamine synthetase1:1. Plant Journal 42: 641–651. , , , , , , .
- 2011. Integration of nitrogen and potassium signaling. Annual Review of Plant Biology 62: 207–226. , , , .
- 2008. A systems view of nitrogen nutrient and metabolite responses in Arabidopsis. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 11: 1–9. , .
- 2010. Multiple regulatory elements in the Arabidopsis NIA1 promoter act synergistically to form a nitrate enhancer. Plant Physiology 154: 423–432. , , , , , .
- 2000. Genomic analysis of a nutrient response in Arabidopsis reveals diverse expression patterns and novel metabolic and potential regulatory genes induced by nitrate. Plant Cell 12: 1491–1509. , , , .
- 2003. Microarray analysis of the nitrate response in Arabidopsis roots and shoots reveals over 1,000 rapidly responding genes and new linkages to glucose, trehalose-6-phosphate, iron, and sulfate metabolism. Plant Physiology 132: 556–567. , , , .
- 2007. Arabidopsis JACKDAW and MAGPIE zinc finger proteins delimit asymmetric cell division and stabilize tissue boundaries by restricting SHORT-ROOT action. Genes and Development 21: 2196–2204. , , , , , .
- 2004. Down-regulation of metallothionein, a reactive oxygen scavenger, by the small GTPase OsRac1 in rice. Plant Physiology 135: 1447–1456. , , , , .
- 2000. Arabidopsis NAC1 transduces auxin signal downstream of TIR1 to promote lateral root development. Genes and Development 14: 3024–3036. , , , .
- 2006. Expression analysis of the glutamine synthetase and glutamate synthase gene families in young rice (Oryza sativa) seedlings. Plant Science 170: 748–754. , .
- 2006. Differential expression of rice genes under different nitrogen forms and their relationship with sulfur metabolism. Journal of Integrative Plant Biology 48: 1177–1184. , , , , .
- 2005. Nitrogen and metabolic regulation of the expression of plastidic glutamine synthetase in alfalfa (Medicago sativa). Plant Science 168: 1041–1052. , , , .