Version of Record online: 4 FEB 2013
© 2013 The Authors New Phytologist © 2013 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 197, Issue 4, pages 1029–1031, March 2013
How to Cite
Sasidharan, R. and Voesenek, L. A. C. J. (2013), Lowland rice: high-end submergence tolerance. New Phytologist, 197: 1029–1031. doi: 10.1111/nph.12148
- Issue online: 4 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 4 FEB 2013
- 2008. Flooding stress: acclimations and genetic diversity. Annual Review of Plant Biology 59: 313–339. , .
- 2011. A perspective on underwater photosynthesis in submerged terrestrial wetland plants. AoB Plants 2011: plr 030. , , .
- 2009. Submergence tolerance in relation to variable floodwater conditions in rice. Environmental and Experimental Botany 66: 425–434. , , , , .
- 2006. A variable cluster of ethylene response factor-like genes regulates metabolic and developmental acclimation responses to submergence in rice. Plant Cell 18: 2021–2034. , , , .
- 2012. The submergence tolerance gene SUB1A delays leaf senescence under prolonged darkness through hormonal regulation in rice. Plant Physiology 160: 1795–1807. , , .
- 2006. Ecophysiological determinants of plant performance under flooding: a comparative study of seven plant families. Journal of Ecology 94: 1117–1129. , , , , .
- 2004. Acclimation of a terrestrial plant to submergence facilitates gas exchange under water. Plant, Cell & Environment 27: 1281–1287. , , .
- 2005. Submergence-induced morphological, anatomical, and biochemical responses in a terrestrial species affect gas diffusion resistance and photosynthetic performance. Plant Physiology 139: 497–508. , , , , .
- 2009. Surviving floods: leaf gas films improve O2 and CO2 exchange, root aeration, and growth of completely submerged rice. Plant Journal 58: 147–156. , , .
- 2007. Submergence tolerance in rice requires Sub1A, an ethylene-response-factor-like gene. Trends in Plant Science 12: 43–46. , .
- 2011. Tolerance of longer-term partial stagnant flooding is independent of the SUB1 locus in rice. Field Crops Research 121: 311–323. , , .
- 2011. Natural variation of submergence tolerance among Arabidopsis thaliana accessions. New Phytologist 190: 299–310. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Plant biology genetics of high-rise rice. Nature 460: 959–960. , .
- 1989. Diurnal changes in radial oxygen loss and ethanol metabolism in roots of submerged and non-submerged rice seedlings. New Phytologist 113: 439–451. , , , , , , .
- 2012. Internal aeration of paddy field rice (Oryza sativa) during complete submergence – importance of light and floodwater O2. New Phytologist 197: 1193–1203. , , , .