Orchestrating plant development, metabolism and plant–microbe interactions – NO problem!
Article first published online: 4 FEB 2013
© 2013 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2013 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 197, Issue 4, pages 1035–1038, March 2013
How to Cite
Homem, R. A. and Loake, G. J. (2013), Orchestrating plant development, metabolism and plant–microbe interactions – NO problem!. New Phytologist, 197: 1035–1038. doi: 10.1111/nph.12152
- Issue published online: 4 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 4 FEB 2013
- 2012. Protein S-nitrosylation: what's going on in plants? Free Radical Biology & Medicine 53: 1101–1110. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Nitric oxide stimulates seed germination and de-etiolation, and inhibits hypocotyl elongation, three light-inducible responses in plants. Planta 210: 215–221. , .
- 2002. On the activation of soluble guanylyl cyclase by nitric oxide. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 99: 507–510. , , .
- 2008. New insights into nitric oxide signaling in plants. Annual Review of Plant Biology 59: 21–39. , , .
- 1998. Nitric oxide functions as a signal in plant disease resistance. Nature 394: 585–588. , , , .
- 1998. Defense gene induction in tobacco by nitric oxide, cyclic GMP, and cyclic ADP-ribose. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 95: 10328–10333. , , .
- 1998. Formation of nitric oxide-derived inflammatory oxidants by myeloperoxidase in neutrophils. Nature 391: 393–397. , , .
- 2005. A central role for S-nitrosothiols in plant disease resistance. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 102: 8054–8059. , , , , , .
- 2009. Detection of protein S-nitrosylation with the biotin-switch technique. Free Radical Biology & Medicine 46: 119–126. , , , .
- 2004. Nitric oxide represses the Arabidopsis floral transition. Science (New York, N.Y.) 305: 1968–1971. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2005. Protein S-nitrosylation: purview and parameters. . Nature Reviews. Molecular Cell Biology 6: 150–166. , , , , .
- 1987. Endothelium-derived relaxing factor produced and released from artery and vein is nitric oxide. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 84: 9265–9269. , .
- 1979. Nitric oxide (NO) and nitrogen dioxide (NO2) emissions from herbicide-treated soybean plants. Atmospheric Environment (1967) 13: 537–542. .
- 2012. AtGSNOR1 function is required for multiple developmental programs in Arabidopsis. Planta 236: 887–900. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Mutation of the regulatory phosphorylation site of tobacco nitrate reductase results in high nitrite excretion and NO emission from leaf and root tissue. Planta 219: 59–65. , , , , , .
- 2011. GSNOR-mediated de-nitrosylation in the plant defence response. Plant Science 181: 540–544. , , , , .
- 2011. Nitric oxide in legume-rhizobium symbiosis. Plant Science 181: 573–581. , , , , .
- 2005. Is nitrate reductase a major player in the plant NO (nitric oxide) game? Photosynthesis Research 83: 181–189. , , , , .
- 2010. Transnitrosylation of XIAP regulates caspase-dependent neuronal cell death. Molecular Cell 39: 184–195. , , .
- 1996. Nitric oxide induces phytoalexin accumulation in potato tuber tissues. Plant and Cell Physiology 37: 113–116. , , .
- 1991. Tests of the roles of two diffusible substances in long-term potentiation: evidence for nitric oxide as a possible early retrograde messenger. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 88: 11285–11289. , , , .
- 2002. Regulation of nitric oxide (NO) production by plant nitrate reductase in vivo and in vitro. Journal of Experimental Botany 53: 103–110. , , , , .
- 2003. NO-dependent protein nitration: a cell signaling event or an oxidative inflammatory response? Trends in Biochemical Sciences 28: 646–654. , , .
- 2012. Increasing nitric oxide content in Arabidopsis thaliana by expressing rat neuronal nitric oxide synthase resulted in enhanced stress tolerance. Plant & Cell Physiology 53: 344–357. , , , , , .
- 2008. Plant immunity requires conformational changes [corrected] of NPR1 via S-nitrosylation and thioredoxins. Science (New York, N.Y.) 321: 952–956. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Simultaneous production of nitric oxide and peroxynitrite by plant nitrate reductase: in vitro evidence for the NR-dependent formation of active nitrogen species. FEBS Letters 468: 89–92. , .
- 2012. A sleigh ride through the SNO: regulation of plant immune function by protein S-nitrosylation. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 15: 424–430. , , , .
- 2011. S-Nitrosylation of NADPH oxidase regulates cell death in plant immunity. Nature 478: 264–268. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Nitric reductase-dependent nitric oxide production is involved in cold acclimation and freezing tolerance in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 151: 755–767. , , , .