Approximating subcellular organisation of carbohydrate metabolism during cold acclimation in different natural accessions of Arabidopsis thaliana
Version of Record online: 14 MAR 2013
© 2013 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2013 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 198, Issue 3, pages 777–787, May 2013
How to Cite
Nägele, T. and Heyer, A. G. (2013), Approximating subcellular organisation of carbohydrate metabolism during cold acclimation in different natural accessions of Arabidopsis thaliana. New Phytologist, 198: 777–787. doi: 10.1111/nph.12201
- Issue online: 12 APR 2013
- Version of Record online: 14 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 27 NOV 2012
- 1993. Cold acclimation in cultivars of Avena sativa. Phytochemistry 33: 57–60. , , , , , .
- 1979. Hydrolytic enzymes in the central vacuole of plant cells. Plant Physiology 63: 1123–1132. , .
- 2004. A prominent role for the CBF cold response pathway in configuring the low-temperature metabolome of Arabidopsis. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 101: 15243–15248. , , , .
- 2009. Intraspecific variation in cold-temperature metabolic phenotypes of Arabidopsis lyrata ssp. petraea. Metabolomics 5: 138–149. , , .
- 2000. Predicting subcellular localization of proteins based on their N-terminal amino acid sequence. Journal of Molecular Biology 300: 1005–1016. , , , .
- 2006. Natural genetic variation of freezing tolerance in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 142: 98–112. , , , , , .
- 2011. A systems biology approach to analyse leaf carbohydrate metabolism in Arabidopsis thaliana. EURASIP Journal on Bioinformatics and Systems Biology 1: 2. , , , , , , .
- 1996. The role of sugar accumulation in leaf frost hardiness: investigations with transgenic tobacco expressing a bacterial pyrophosphatase or a yeast invertase gene. Journal of Plant Physiology 147: 604–610. , , , .
- 2003. The preservation of liposomes by raffinose family oligosaccharides during drying is mediated by effects on fusion and lipid phase transitions. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 1612: 172–177. , , .
- 1995. Cold hardening of spring and winter wheat and rape results in differential effects on growth, carbon metabolism, and carbohydrate content. Plant Physiology 109: 697–706. , , , , .
- 2011. Stachyose in the cytosol does not influence freezing tolerance of transgenic Arabidopsis expressing stachyose synthase from adzuki bean. Plant Science 180: 24–30. , , , .
- 1992. Inorganic pyrophosphate content and metabolites in potato and tobacco plants expressing E. coli pyrophosphatase in their cytosol. Planta 188: 238–244. , , , , .
- 2011. Analysis of the compartmentalized metabolome – a validation of the non-aqueous fractionation technique. Frontiers in Plant Science 2: 55. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Impact of soluble sugar concentrations on the acquisition of freezing tolerance in accessions of Arabidopsis thaliana with contrasting cold adaptation - evidence for a role of raffinose in cold acclimation. Plant, Cell & Environment 27: 1395–1404. , , , .
- 2011. Evidence for a role of raffinose in stabilizing photosystem II during freeze-thaw cycles. Planta 234: 477–486. , , , .
- 2006. C3 photosynthesis in silico. Photosynthesis Research 90: 45–66. , , .
- 2010. Intracellular metabolite transporters in plants. Molecular Plant 3: 21–53. , .
- 2006. Carbon partitioning and export in transgenic Arabidopsis thaliana with altered capacity for sucrose synthesis grown at low temperature: a role for metabolite transporters. Plant, Cell & Environment 29: 1703–1714. , , , .
- 2007. Compartmentation in plant metabolism. Journal of Experimental Botany 58: 35–47. .
- 2010. Subcellular flux analysis of central metabolism in a heterotrophic Arabidopsis cell suspension using steady-state stable isotope labeling. Plant Physiology 152: 602–619. , , , , , .
- 2011. Chlorophyll fluorescence emission as a reporter on cold tolerance in Arabidopsis thaliana accessions. Plant Signaling & Behavior 6: 301–310. , , , , .
- 2010. Mathematical modelling of the central carbohydrate metabolism in Arabidopsis thaliana reveals a substantial regulatory influence of vacuolar invertase on whole plant carbon metabolism. Plant Physiology 153: 260–272. , , , , , , .
- 2011. A systems biology approach for the analysis of carbohydrate dynamics during acclimation to low temperature in Arabidopsis thaliana. FEBS Journal 278: 506–518. , , , , .
- 2012. Identification of a metabolic bottleneck for cold acclimation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Journal 72: 102–114. , , , .
- 2001. Biochemistry and physiology of raffinose family oligosaccharides and galactosyl cyclitols in seeds. Seed Science Research 1: 185–197. , .
- 1988. A mathematical model of the Calvin photosynthesis cycle. European Journal of Biochemistry/FEBS 175: 661–672. , .
- 2009. Complex systems: from chemistry to systems biology. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 106: 6433–6434. , .
- 1977. Sugar compartmentation in frost hardy and partially dehardened cabbage leaf cells. Planta 136: 163–166. , .
- 2006. Systems Biology Toolbox for MATLAB: a computational platform for research in systems biology. Bioinformatics 22: 514–515. , .
- 2012. Vacuoles release sucrose via tonoplast-localised SUC4-type transporters. Plant Biology 14: 325–336. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Raffinose in chloroplasts is synthesized in the cytosol and transported across the chloroplast envelope. Plant & Cell Physiology 50: 2174–2182. , .
- 2002. A plant for all seasons: alterations in photosynthetic carbon metabolism during cold acclimation in Arabidopsis. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 5: 199–206. , .
- 2003. Altering flux through the sucrose biosynthesis pathway in transgenic Arabidopsis thaliana modifies photosynthetic acclimation at low temperatures and the development of freezing tolerance. Plant, Cell & Environment 26: 523–535. , , , , .
- 1997. Development of Arabidopsis thaliana leaves at low temperatures releases the suppression of photosynthesis and photosynthetic gene expression despite the accumulation of soluble carbohydrates. Plant Journal 12: 605–614. , , , .
- 1999. Acclimation of Arabidopsis leaves developing at low temperatures. Increasing cytoplasmic volume accompanies increased activities of enzymes in the Calvin cycle and in the sucrose-biosynthesis pathway. Plant Physiology 119: 1387–1397. , , , , , , .
- 1999. Modification of carbon partitioning, photosynthetic capacity, and O2 sensitivity in Arabidopsis plants with low ADP-glucose pyrophosphorylase activity. Plant Physiology 119: 267–276. , , .
- 2007. A particle swarm pattern search method for bound constrained global optimization. Journal of Global Optimization 39: 197–219. , .
- 1999. Cold-induced freezing tolerance in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 120: 391–400. , .
- 1999. Spinach hexokinase I is located in the outer envelope membrane of plastids. FEBS Letters 461: 13–18. , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Increased activity of the vacuolar monosaccharide transporter TMT1 alters cellular sugar partitioning, sugar signaling, and seed yield in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 154: 665–677. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1994. Subcellular volumes and metabolite concentrations in spinach leaves. Planta 193: 530–535. , , .
- 2006. Molecular identification and physiological characterization of a novel monosaccharide transporter from Arabidopsis involved in vacuolar sugar transport. Plant Cell 18: 3476–3490. , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Cold comfort farm: the acclimation of plants to freezing temperatures. Plant, Cell & Environment 23: 893–902. , .
- 2006. A novel computational model of the circadian clock in Arabidopsis that incorporates PRR7 and PRR9. Molecular Systems Biology 2: 58. , , , , .
- 2008. Clinal variation in freezing tolerance among natural accessions of Arabidopsis thaliana. New Phytologist 177: 419–427. , .
- 1993. Analysis of the expression of potato uridinediphosphate-glucose pyrophosphorylase and its inhibition by antisense RNA. Planta 190: 247–252. , , .
- 2004. The role of raffinose in the cold acclimation response of Arabidopsis thaliana. FEBS Letters 576: 169–173. , , , , , .