Article first published online: 28 MAY 2013
© 2013 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2013 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 199, Issue 1, pages 7–9, July 2013
How to Cite
Bradford, M. A. and Crowther, T. W. (2013), Carbon use efficiency and storage in terrestrial ecosystems. New Phytologist, 199: 7–9. doi: 10.1111/nph.12334
- Issue published online: 28 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 28 MAY 2013
- 2010. Soil–carbon response to warming dependent on microbial physiology. Nature Geoscience 3: 336–340. , , .
- 2000. The McCree–de Wit–Penning de Vries–Thornley respiration paradigms: 30 years later. Annals of Botany 86: 1–20. .
- 2013. Empirical evidence that soil carbon formation from plant inputs is positively related to microbial growth. Biogeochemistry 113: 271–281. , , , , .
- 2013. Thermal acclimation in widespread heterotrophic soil microbes. Ecology Letters 16: 469–477. , .
- 2007. Forest carbon use efficiency: is respiration a constant fraction of gross primary production? Global Change Biology 13: 1157–1167. , , , .
- 2012. Pulse-labelling trees to study carbon allocation dynamics: a review of methods, current knowledge and future prospects. Tree Physiology 32: 776–798. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2013. The temperature response of soil microbial efficiency and its feedback to climate. Nature Climate Change 3: 395–398. , , , .
- 2010. Comparison of modeling approaches for carbon partitioning: impact on estimates of global net primary production and equilibrium biomass of woody vegetation from MODIS GPP. Journal of Geophysical Research 115: G040205. , , , .
- 2007. Carbon allocation in forest ecosystems. Global Change Biology 13: 2089–2109. , , .
- 2012. Environmental and stoichiometric controls on microbial carbon-use efficiency in soils. New Phytologist 196: 79–91. , , , , .
- 2010. Technical description of version 4.0 of the Community Land Model (CLM). Boulder, CO, USA: National Center for Atmospheric Research. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. The underestimated importance of belowground carbon input for forest soil animal food webs. Ecology Letters 10: 729–736. , , , , .
- 2011. Persistence of soil organic matter as an ecosystem property. Nature 478: 49–56. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2013. The role of mosses in carbon uptake and partitioning in arctic vegetation. New Phytologist 199: 163–175. , , , , , , .
- 2013. Does declining carbon-use efficiency explain thermal acclimation of soil respiration with warming? Global Change Biology 19: 252–263. , , , .
- 2012. Fertile forests produce biomass more efficiently. Ecology Letters 15: 520–526. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2013. Gross and aboveground net primary production at Canadian forest carbon flux sites. Agricultural and Forest Entomology 174–175: 54–64. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Global pattern of NPP to GPP ratio derived from MODIS data: effects of ecosystem type, geographical location and climate. Global Ecology and Biogeography 18: 280–290. , , , .