Nitro-oxidative stress vs oxidative or nitrosative stress in higher plants
Version of Record online: 13 JUN 2013
© 2013 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2013 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 199, Issue 3, pages 633–635, August 2013
How to Cite
Corpas, F. J. and Barroso, J. B. (2013), Nitro-oxidative stress vs oxidative or nitrosative stress in higher plants. New Phytologist, 199: 633–635. doi: 10.1111/nph.12380
- Issue online: 11 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 13 JUN 2013
- Ministry of Science and Innovation. Grant Number: BIO2012-33904
- Junta de Andalucía. Grant Numbers: BIO192, BIO 286
- 2012. Metabolism of reactive oxygen species and reactive nitrogen species in pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) plants under low temperature stress. Plant, Cell & Environment 35: 281–295. , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Detection and quantification of S-nitrosoglutathione (GSNO) in pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) plant organs by LC-ES/MS. Plant Cell Physiology 52: 2006–2015. , , , , , .
- 2012. Protein S-nitrosylation: what's going on in plants? Free Radical Biology and Medicine 53: 1101–1110. , , , , , , , .
- 2012. Nitric oxide-dependent posttranslational modification in plants: an update. International Journal of Molecular Sciences 13: 15193–15208. , .
- 2011. Deciphering the protective role of nitric oxide against salt stress at the physiological and proteomic levels in maize. Journal of Proteome Research 10: 4349–4364. , , , , , .
- 2013. Protein tyrosine nitration in pea roots during development and senescence. Journal of Experimental Botany 64: 1121–1134. , , , , , , , .
- 2013. S-Nitrosoglutathione. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 1830: 3173–3181. , , .
- 2004. Rapid transmission of oxidative and nitrosative stress signals from roots to shoots in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 42: 425–428. , , .
- 2009. Protein nitration during defense response in Arabidopsis thaliana. Electrophoresis 30: 2460–2468. , , , , , .
- 2013. Tyrosine nitration provokes inhibition of sunflower carbonic anhydrase (β-CA) activity under high temperature stress. Nitric Oxide 29: 30–33. , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Involvement of reactive nitrogen and oxygen species (RNS and ROS) in sunflower–mildew interaction. Plant Cell Physiology 50: 265–279. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. High temperature triggers the metabolism of S-nitrosothiols in sunflower mediating a process of nitrosative stress which provokes the inhibition of ferredoxin-NADP reductase by tyrosine nitration. Plant, Cell & Environment 34: 1803–1818. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2007. Need of biomarkers of nitrosative stress in plants. Trends in Plant Science 12: 436–438. , , .
- 2011. Nitric oxide imbalance provokes a nitrosative response in plants under abiotic stress. Plant Science 181: 604–611. , , , , , , .
- 2013. Protein tyrosine nitration in higher plants grown under natural and stress conditions. Frontiers in Plant Science 4: 29. , , , .
- 2001. Signal interactions between nitric oxide and reactive oxygen intermediates in the plant hypersensitive disease resistance response. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 98: 13454–13459. , , , .
- 2012. S-Nitrosoglutathione is a component of wound- and salicylic acid-induced systemic responses in Arabidopsis thaliana. Journal of Experimental Botany 63: 3219–3227. , , , .
- 2005. A central role for S-nitrosothiols in plant disease resistance. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 102: 8054–8059. , , , , , .
- 2011. Ascorbate and glutathione: the heart of the redox hub. Plant Physiology 155: 2–18. , .
- 2010. Reaction between nitric oxide, glutathione, and oxygen in the presence and absence of protein: how are S-nitrosothiols formed? Free Radical Biology and Medicine 48: 55–64. , , .
- 2008. Modulation of nitrosative stress by S-nitrosoglutathione reductase is critical for thermotolerance and plant growth in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 20: 786–802. , , , , .
- 2012a. Arsenic triggers the nitric oxide (NO) and S-nitrosoglutathione (GSNO) metabolism in Arabidopsis. Environmental Pollution 166: 136–143. , , , , , .
- 2012b. NADP-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase from Arabidopsis roots contributes in the mechanism of defence against the nitro-oxidative stress induced by salinity. Scientific World Journal 2012: 694–740. , , , , .
- 2011. Function of S-nitrosoglutathione reductase (GSNOR) in plant development and under biotic/abiotic stress. Plant Signaling & Behaviour 6: 789–793. , , , , , , .
- 2010. Redox regulation of the NPR1-TGA1 system of Arabidopsis thaliana by nitric oxide. Plant Cell 22: 2894–2907. , , , , .
- 2013. Interplay between protein carbonylation and nitrosylation in plants. Proteomics 13: 568–578. , , , , , .
- 2011. GSNOR-mediated de-nitrosylation in the plant defence response. Plant Science 181: 540–544. , , , , .
- 2011. Oxidative and nitrosative signaling in plants: two branches in the same tree? Plant Signaling & Behaviour 6: 210–214. , .
- 2007. S-Nitrosylation of peroxiredoxin II E promotes peroxynitrite-mediated tyrosine nitration. Plant Cell 19: 4120–4130. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2013. Water stress induces a differential and spatially distributed nitro-oxidative stress response in roots and leaves of Lotus japonicus. Plant Science 201–202: 137–146. , , , , .
- 2008. Plant immunity requires conformational changes of NPR1 via S-nitrosylation and thioredoxins. Science 321: 952–956. Erratum in Science 325: 1072. , , , , , , , .
- 2012. Oxidative and nitrosative-based signaling and associated post-translational modifications orchestrate the acclimation of citrus plants to salinity stress. Plant Journal 72: 585–599. , , , , , , .
- 2007. Nitrosative stress in plants. FEBS Letters 581: 453–461. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. S-Nitrosylation of NADPH oxidase regulates cell death in plant immunity. Nature 478: 264–268. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2007. Reactive oxygen species, nitric oxide, and their interactions play different roles in Cupressus lusitanica cell death and phytoalexin biosynthesis. New Phytologist 175: 215–229. , , .