On the cellular site of two-pore channel TPC1 action in the Poaceae
Version of Record online: 12 JUL 2013
© 2013 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2013 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 200, Issue 3, pages 663–674, November 2013
How to Cite
Dadacz-Narloch, B., Kimura, S., Kurusu, T., Farmer, E. E., Becker, D., Kuchitsu, K. and Hedrich, R. (2013), On the cellular site of two-pore channel TPC1 action in the Poaceae. New Phytologist, 200: 663–674. doi: 10.1111/nph.12402
- Issue online: 11 OCT 2013
- Version of Record online: 12 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 25 MAR 2013
- DFG. Grant Number: FOR964
- 1994. A cationic channel in the guard cell tonoplast of Allium cepa. Plant Physiology 105: 999–1006. , , .
- 1992. Electrical measurements on endomembranes. Science 258: 873–874. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 1994. Ca2+-calmodulin modulates ion channel activity in storage protein vacuoles by barley aleurone cells. Plant Cell 6: 277–285. , .
- 1997. Reversible protein phosphorylation regulates the activity of the slow-vacuolar ion channel. Plant Journal 11: 1227–1235. , .
- 2009. The fou2 mutation in the major vacuolar cation channel TPC1 confers tolerance to inhibitory luminal calcium. Plant Journal 58: 715–723. , , , , , , .
- 2007b. A gain-of-function allele of TPC1 activates oxylipin biogenesis after leaf wounding in Arabidopsis. Plant Journal 49: 889–898. , , , , , , .
- 2007a. The fou2 gain-of-function allele and the wild-type allele of Two Pore Channel 1 contribute to different extents or by different mechanisms to defense gene expression in Arabidopsis. Plant and Cell Physiology 48: 1775–1789. , , , , .
- 2010. An NAADP-gated Two-pore Channel targeted to the plasma membrane uncouples triggering from amplifying Ca2+ signals. Journal of Biological Chemistry 285: 38 511–38 516. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Changes in Hechtian strands in cold-hardened cells measured by optical microsurgery. Plant Physiology 122: 1365–1377. , , , .
- 2009. NAADP mobilizes calcium from acidic organelles through two-pore channels. Nature 459: 596–600. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2013. mTOR regulates lysosomal ATP-sensitive Two-Pore Na+ channels to adapt to metabolic state. Cell 152: 778–790. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. The vegetative vacuole proteome of Arabidopsis thaliana reveals predicted and unexpected proteins. Plant Cell 16: 3285–3303. , , , , , .
- 2011. A novel calcium binding site in the slow vacuolar cation channel TPC1 senses luminal calcium levels. Plant Cell 23: 2696–2707. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2013. Arabidopsis nanodomain-delimited ABA signaling pathway regulates the anion channel SLAH3. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 14: 8296–8301. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2008. Targeting of vacuolar membrane localized members of the TPK channel family. Molecular Plant 6: 938–949. , , , , , .
- 2006. Identification of a vacuolar sucrose transporter in barley and arabidopsis mesophyll cells by a tonoplast proteomic approach. Plant Physiology 141: 196–207. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Activity of guard cell anion channel SLAC1 is controlled by drought-stress signaling kinase-phosphatase pair. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 106: 21 425–21 430. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. A ubiquitin-10 promoter-based vector set for fluorescent protein tagging facilitates temporal stability and native protein distribution in transient and stable expression studies. Plant Journal 64: 355–365. , , , , , .
- 2012. Modulation of plant TPC channels by polyunsaturated fatty acids. Journal of Experimental Botany 63: 6187–6197. , , , , .
- 2012. Regulation of a proteinaceous elicitor-induced Ca2+ influx and production of phytoalexins by a putative voltage-gated cation channel, OsTPC1, in cultured rice cells. Journal of Biological Chemistry 287: 9931–9939. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2005. Evidence for the plasma membrane localization of a putative voltage-dependent Ca2+ channel, OsTPC1, in rice. Plant Biotechnology 22: 235–239. , , , .
- 2004. Functional analysis of a rice putative voltage-dependent Ca2+ channel, OsTPC1, expressed in yeast cells lacking its homologous gene CCH1. Plant Cell Physiology 45: 496–500. , , , , .
- 2012. Ion channels in plants. Physiological Reviews 92: 1777–1811. .
- 1988. General mechanisms for solute transport across the tonoplast of plant vacuoles: a patch-clamp survey of ion channels and proton pumps. Botanica Acta 101: 7–13. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2012. Role of ion channels in plants. In: Yasunobu O, ed. Patch clamp techniques. Berlin, Germany: Springer, 295–322. , , , , .
- 1986. Patch-clamp studies of ion transport in isolated plant vacuoles. FEBS Letters 204: 228–232. , , .
- 2011. TPC1-SV channels gain shape. Molecular Plant 4: 428–441. , .
- 1987. Cytoplasmic calcium regulates voltage-dependent ion channels in plant vacuoles. Nature 329: 833–835. , .
- 1994. Identification of an Arabidopsis thaliana gene encoding a plasma membrane H+-ATPase whose expression is restricted to anther tissues. Plant Journal 5: 311–317. , .
- 2005. The small chemical vacuolin-1 alters the morphology of lysosomes without inhibiting Ca2+-regulated exocytosis. EMBO Reports 9: 843–847. , .
- 2000. Molecular cloning of a novel form (two-repeat) protein related to voltage-gated sodium and calcium channels. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 270: 370–376. , , .
- 2005. K+ currents through SV-type vacuolar channels are sensitive to elevated luminal sodium levels. Plant Journal 41: 606–614. , .
- 2007. A proteomics dissection of Arabidopsis thaliana vacuoles isolated from cell culture. Molecular & Cellular Proteomics 6: 394–412. , , , , , , .
- 2000. The barium site in a potassium channel by X-ray crystallography. Journal of General Physiology 115: 269–272. , .
- 2004. Identification of putative voltage-dependent Ca2+-permeable channels involved in cryptogein-induced Ca2+ transients and defense responses in tobacco BY-2 cells. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 317: 823–830. , , , , , , .
- 1993. N-acetylchitooligosaccharides, biotic elicitor for phytoalexin production, induce transient membrane depolarization in suspension-cultured rice cells. Protoplasma 174: 79–81. , , .
- 2012. Intracellular localization and physiological function of a rice Ca2+-permeable channel OsTPC1. Plant Signaling & Behavior 7: 1–3. , , , .
- 2004. Identification of a putative voltage-gated Ca2 +- permeable channel (OsTPC1) involved in Ca2+ influx and regulation of growth and development in rice. Plant Cell Physiology 45: 693–702. , , , , .
- 2005. Identification of a putative voltage-gated Ca2+ channel as a key regulator of elicitor-induced hypersensitive cell death and mitogen-activated protein kinase activation in rice. Plant Journal 42: 798–809. , , , , .
- 2000. A plasmolytic cycle: the fate of cytoskeletal elements. Protoplasma 212: 174–185. , .
- 2012a. Poplar wood rays are involved in seasonal remodeling of tree physiology. Plant Physiology 160: 1515–1529. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2012b. An N-terminal dileucine motif directs two-pore channels to the tonoplast of plant cells. Traffic 13: 1012–1022. , , , .
- 2001. Potassium homeostasis and membrane transport. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science 164: 193–198. .
- 2012. Photoaffinity labeling of nicotinic acid adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NAADP) targets in mammalian cells. Journal of Biological Chemistry 287: 296–307. , , , , , , , , .
- 1962. A revised medium for rapid groth and bio assays with tobacco tissue cultures. Physiologia Plantarum 15: 473–497. , .
- 2010. USER cloning and USER fusion: the ideal cloning techniques for small and big laboratories. In: Fett-Neto AG, ed. Plant secondary metabolism engineering. New York, NY, USA: Springer, 185–200. , , .
- 2005. The vacuolar Ca2+-activated channel TPC1 regulates germination and stomatal movement. Nature 434: 404–408. , , , , , , .
- 2009. SV channels dominate the vacuolar Ca2+ release during intracellular signaling. FEBS Letters 583: 921–926. , , .
- 2004. Mechanism of luminal Ca2+ and Mg2+ action on the vacuolar slowly activating channels. Planta 219: 1057–1070. , , , , .
- 2007. Vacuolar calcium channels. Journal of Experimental Botany 58: 1559–1569. , .
- 1997. Slowly activating vacuolar channels can not mediate Ca2+-induced Ca2+ release. Plant Journal 12: 1387–1398. , , , .
- 2008. Loss of the vacuolar cation channel, AtTPC1, does not impair Ca2+ signals induced by abiotic and biotic stresses. Plant Journal 53: 287–299. , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Purified TPC isoforms form NAADP receptors with distinct roles for Ca2+ signaling and endolysosomal trafficking. Current Biology 20: 703–709. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2007. Plant cells must pass a K+ threshold to re-enter the cell cycle. Plant Journal 50: 401–413. , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Planar patch clamp approach to characterize ionic currents from intact lysosomes. Science Signaling 3: 1–16. , , , , .
- 2008. Vacuolar ion channels in the liverwort Conocephalum conicum. Plant Signaling & Behavior 3: 404–405. , .
- 2011. Differential contribution of EF-hands to the Ca2+-dependent activation in the plant two-pore channel TPC1. Plant Journal 68: 424–432. , , , .
- 2002. A transient expression assay using Arabidopsis mesophyll protoplasts. [WWW document] URL http://genetics.mgh.harvard.edu/sheenweb/protocols/AtprotoRL04.pdf [accessed on 12 July 2011]. .
- 1992. Fertile indica and japonica rice plants regenerated from protoplasts isolated from embryogenic haploid suspension cultures. Plant Cell Reports 12: 45–49. , , .
- 2004. Large-scale characterization of integral proteins from Arabidopsis vacuolar membrane by two-dimensional liquid chromatography. Proteomics 4: 397–406. , , , , .
- 2004. Proteomics of the rice cell: systematic identification of the protein populations in subcellular compartments. Molecular Genetics and Genomics 271: 566–576. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Potassium homeostasis in vacuolate plant cells. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 93: 10510–10514. , , .
- 2012. TPC proteins are phosphoinositide-activated sodium-selective ion channels in endosomes and lysosomes. Cell 151: 372–383. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2005. Functional analysis of a putative Ca2+ channel gene TaTPC1 from wheat. Journal of Experimental Botany 56: 3051–3060. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Different properties of SV channels in root vacuoles from near isogenic Al-tolerant and Al-sensitive wheat cultivars. FEBS Letters 579: 6890–6894. , , .
- 2008. A proteomic and phosphoproteomic analysis of Oryza sativa plasma membrane and vacuolar membrane. Plant Journal 56: 146–156. , , , , .
- 2007. Arabidopsis mesophyll protoplasts: a versatile cell system for transient gene expression analysis. Nature Protocols 2: 1565–1572. , , .
- 2011. A highly efficient rice green tissue protoplast system for transient gene expression and studying light/chloroplast-related processes. Plant Methods 7: 30. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. TPCs: endolysosomal channels for Ca2+ mobilization from acidic organelles triggered by NAADP. FEBS Letters 584: 1966–1974. , , , , .