These authors contributed equally to this work.
Article first published online: 18 SEP 2013
© 2013 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2013 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 200, Issue 3, pages 691–699, November 2013
How to Cite
Liu, J., Ma, J., He, C., Li, X., Zhang, W., Xu, F., Lin, Y. and Wang, L. (2013), Inhibition of cadmium ion uptake in rice (Oryza sativa) cells by a wall-bound form of silicon. New Phytologist, 200: 691–699. doi: 10.1111/nph.12494
- Issue published online: 11 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 18 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 30 JUN 2013
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Number: 31172027
- Huazhong Agricultural University. Grant Numbers: 2010BQ063, 2012BQ058
- Central Universities. Grant Number: 2011PY150
Please note: Wiley Blackwell are not responsible for the content or functionality of any supporting information supplied by the authors. Any queries (other than missing material) should be directed to the New Phytologist Central Office.
Fig. S1 Effect of Cd2+ on the uptake of Ca2+ in suspension cells of rice.
Fig. S2 Effect of Cd2+ on the uptake of Ca2+ in root cells of rice.
Fig. S3 Viability of suspension cells.
Fig. S4 TEM images of the ultra microstructure of rice suspension cells cultivated in the absence and presence of 1 mM silicic acid and/or 30–60 μM Cd2+.
Methods S1 Details of viability measurements of suspension cells and transmission electron microscopy.
Notes S1 Details of viability of cells.