Evidence for regulation of columnar habit in apple by a putative 2OG-Fe(II) oxygenase
Article first published online: 4 NOV 2013
No claim to original European Union works. New Phytologist © 2013 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 200, Issue 4, pages 993–999, December 2013
How to Cite
Wolters, P. J., Schouten, H. J., Velasco, R., Si-Ammour, A. and Baldi, P. (2013), Evidence for regulation of columnar habit in apple by a putative 2OG-Fe(II) oxygenase. New Phytologist, 200: 993–999. doi: 10.1111/nph.12580
- Issue published online: 4 NOV 2013
- Article first published online: 4 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Received: 3 SEP 2013
- Autonomous Province of Trento (PAT)
Article first published online: 17 APR 2015
- 2012. Fine genetic mapping of the Co locus controlling columnar growth habit in apple. Molecular Genetics and Genomics 287: 437–450. , , , , , .
- 2013. Genetic and physical characterisation of the locus controlling columnar habit in apple (Malus × domestica Borkh.). Molecular Breeding 31: 429–440. , , , , , .
- 1992. Intensive orchard management. Washington, DC, USA: Good Fruit Growers. .
- 2000. Transposable element contributions to plant gene and genome evolution. Plant Molecular Biology 42: 251–269. .
- 2011. Signaling pathways mediating the induction of apple fruitlet abscission. Plant Physiology 155: 185–208. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2001. Flavonoids act as negative regulators of auxin transport in vivo in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 126: 524–535. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Activation tagging of a dominant gibberellin catabolism gene (GA2-oxidase) from poplar that regulates tree stature. Plant Physiology 132: 1283–1291. , , , , , .
- 1999. Genome sequence assembly using trace signals and additional sequence information. Computer science and biology: proceedings of the German Conference on Bioinformatics (GCB). Hannover, Germany, 45–56. , , .
- 1998. Floral dip: a simplified method for Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Journal 16: 735–743. , .
- 1997. Randomly amplified polymorphic DNA-based genetic linkage map of three apple cultivars. Journal of American Society for Horticultural Science 122: 350–359. , , .
- 2008. Arabidopsis DMR6 encodes a putative 2OG-Fe(II) oxygenase that is defense-associated but required for susceptibility to downy mildew. Plant J 54: 785–793. , , , .
- 2000. Processes influencing floral initiation and bloom: the role of phytohormones in a conceptual flowering model. HortTechnology 10: 733–739. .
- 1969. Spur-type strains of McIntosh for high density planting. British Columbia Fruit Grower's Association Quarterly Report 14: 3–10. .
- 2002. GATEWAY vectors for Agrobacterium-mediated plant transformation. Trends in Plant Science 7: 193–195. , , .
- 2007. Study of tree architecture of apple (Malus × domestica Borkh.) by QTL analysis of growth traits. Molecular Breeding 19: 193–208. , .
- 2013. Evaluation of the hormonal state of columnar apple trees (Malus × domestica) based on high throughput gene expression studies. Plant Molecular Biology 81: 211–220. , , , , , .
- 2007. MicroRNA-mediated regulation of stomatal development in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 19: 2417–2429. , , , , .
- 1993. Regulation of fruiting in apple role of the course and crowned brindles. Acta Horticultura 349: 239–245. , .
- 2008. NAA and ethylene regulate expression of genes related to ethylene biosynthesis, perception, and cell wall degradation during fruit abscission and ripening in ‘Delicious’ apples. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation 27: 283–295. , .
- 1984. Spur-type growth mutants of McIntosh apple: a review of their genetics, physiology and field performance. Acta Horticultura 146: 31–46. , .
- 2004. TigrScan and GlimmerHMM: two open source ab initio eukaryotic gene-finders. Bioinformatics 20: 2878–2879. , , .
- 2011. CDD: a Conserved Domain Database for the functional annotation of proteins. Nucleic Acids Research 39: D225–D229. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2012. Fine mapping of Co, a gene controlling columnar growth habit located on apple (Malus×domestica Borkh.) linkage group 10. Plant Breeding 131: 437–450. , , , , .
- 2001. SSAHA: a fast search method for large DNA databases. Genome Research 11: 1725–1729. , , .
- 2013. Tracing a key player in the regulation of plant architecture: the columnar growth habit of apple trees (Malus × domestica). Planta 238: 1–22. , .
- 2001. A new mathematical model for relative quantification in real-time RT-PCR. Nucleic Acids Research 29: 2002–2007. .
- 1996. DIOXYGENASES: molecular structure and role in plant metabolism. Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology 47: 245–271. , .
- 2009. Control of bud activation by an auxin transport switch. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 106: 17431–17436. , , , , , , .
- 2003. The Arabidopsis Information Resource (TAIR): a model organism database providing a centralized, curated gateway to Arabidopsis biology, research materials and community. Nucleic Acids Research 31: 224–228. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2011. Integrative genomics viewer. Nature Biotechnology 29: 24–26. , , , , , , .
- 1990. Spur development of ‘Delicious’ apple as influenced by position, wood age, strain, and pruning. HortScience 25: 1578–1581. , .
- 2011. MEGA5: molecular evolutionary genetics analysis using maximum likelihood, evolutionary distance, and maximum parsimony methods. Molecular Biology and Evolution 28: 2731–2739. , , , , , .
- 1985. Breeding columnar apples at East Malling. Acta Horticultura 159: 63–68. .
- 2010. The genome of the domesticated apple (Malus × domestica Borkh.). Nature Genetics 42: 833–839. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2013. The genome of the pear (Pyrus bretschneideri Rehd.). Genome Research 23: 396–408. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2000. The relationship between leaf area and light interception by spur and extension shoot leaves and apple orchard productivity. HortScience 35: 1202–1206. , .
- 2012. Characterization of transcriptional differences between columnar and standard apple trees using RNA-Seq. Plant Molecular Biology Reporter 30: 957–965. , , .