Nutrient responses to ecosystem disturbances from annual to multi-millennial timescales
Version of Record online: 26 NOV 2013
© 2013 The Author. New Phytologist © 2013 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 201, Issue 1, pages 13–15, January 2014
How to Cite
Buma, B. (2014), Nutrient responses to ecosystem disturbances from annual to multi-millennial timescales. New Phytologist, 201: 13–15. doi: 10.1111/nph.12604
- Issue online: 26 NOV 2013
- Version of Record online: 26 NOV 2013
- 2010. Impact of mountain pine beetle on the net ecosystem production of lodgepole pine stands in British Columbia. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 150: 254–264. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Carbon and nitrogen isotope variations in tree-rings as records of perturbations in regional carbon and nitrogen cycles. Environmental Science and Technology 41: 1331–1338. , .
- 2007. Drainage affects tree growth and C and N dynamics in a minerotrophic peatland. Ecology 88: 443–453. , , .
- 2003. Interannual mobility of nitrogen between beech rings: a labeling experiment. Annals for Forestry Science 60: 503–508. , , , , , .
- 2003. Potential for assessing long-term dynamics in soil nitrogen availability from variations in delta 15N of tree rings. Isotopes in Environmental and Health Studies 39: 15–28. , .
- 2011. Potential use of δ13C, δ15N, N concentration, and Ca/Al of Pinus densiflora tree rings in estimating historical precipitation pH. Journal of Soils and Sediments 11: 709–721. , , , , .
- 2010. Temporal changes in tree-ring nitrogen of Pinus thunbergii trees exposed to Black-tailed Gull (Larus crassirostris) breeding colonies. Applied Geochemistry 25: 1699–1702. , , , .
- 2007. Change in nitrogen cycling during the past century in a northern hardwood forest. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 104: 7466–7470. , , , , .
- 2013. Organic, elemental, and geochemical contributions to lake sediment deposits during severe spruce beetle (Dendroctonus rufipennis) disturbances. Forest Ecology and Management 289: 78–89. , , , , , .
- 2013. Biogeochemistry of beetle-killed forests: explaining a weak nitrate response. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 110: 1756–1760. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2003. Surprises and lessons from the 1988 Yellowstone fires. Frontiers in Ecology and Environment 1: 351–358. , , .