Version of Record online: 28 MAY 2014
© 2014 The Authors and Commonwealth of Australia New Phytologist © 2014 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 203, Issue 1, pages 29–31, July 2014
How to Cite
Schmidt, S., Näsholm, T. and Rentsch, D. (2014), Organic nitrogen . New Phytologist, 203: 29–31. doi: 10.1111/nph.12851
- Issue online: 28 MAY 2014
- Version of Record online: 28 MAY 2014
- 2007. Microbial nitrogen limitation increases decomposition. Ecology 88: 2105–2113. , , .
- 2011. Bioavailability of N released from N-rich pyrogenic organic matter: an incubation study. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 43: 2368–2373. , .
- 2013. The role of industrial nitrogen in the global nitrogen biogeochemical cycle. Scientific Reports 3: 2579. , , , , , , .
- 2012. The below-ground perspective of forest plants – soil provides mainly organic nitrogen for plants and mycorrizal fungi. New Phytologist 195: 329–334. , .
- 2010. Nitrogen compounds in soil solutions of agricultural land. Soil Biology & Biochemistry 42: 2325–2330. , , .
- 2008. AtPTR1 and AtPTR5 transport dipeptides in planta. Plant Physiology 148: 856–869. , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. A framework integrating plant growth with hormones and nutrients. Trends Plant Science 16: 178–182. , , , , , , .
- 2013. Tansley review. Competition between roots and microorganisms for nitrogen: mechanism and ecological relevance. New Phytologist 198: 656–669. , .
- 2010. Nitrogen uptake, assimilation and remobilization in plants: challenges for sustainable and productive agriculture. Annals of Botany 105: 1141–1157. , , , , , .
- 2009. Tansley review. Uptake of organic nitrogen by plants. New Phytologist 182: 31–48. , , .
- 2012. Marschner Review. Past, present and future of organic nutrients. Plant and Soil 359: 1–18. , , , .
- 2011. Nitrate paradigm does not hold up for sugarcane. PLoS ONE 6: e19045. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Nitrogen mineralization: challenges of a changing paradigm. Ecology 85: 591–602. , .
- 2013. Goldacre Review. The mixotrophic nature of photosynthetic plants. Functional Plant Biology 40: 425–438. , , .
- 2004. Enriching the earth: Fritz Haber, Carl Bosch, and the transformation of world food production. Cambridge, MA, USA: MIT Press. .
- 2012. Transporters for amino acids in plant cells: some functions and many unknowns. Current Opinions in Plant Biology 15: 315–321. .
- 2008. Nitrogen additions and microbial biomass: a meta-analysis of ecosystem studies. Ecology Letters 11: 1111–1120. .
- 2010. Down to earth: a historical-sociological analysis of the rise and fall of “industrial” agriculture and of the prospect for the re-rooting of agriculture from the factory to the local farmer and ecology. Wageningen, the Netherlands: Wageningen University. .
- 2014. Organic N molecules in the soil solution: what is known, what is unknown and the path forward. Plant and Soil 375: 1–19. .
- 2013. Integrated nutrient management for food security and environment quality in China. In: Sparks DL, ed. Advances in agronomy, vol. 116. Waltham, MA, USA: Academic Press, 1–40. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. Altered xylem-phloem transfer of amino acids affects metabolism and leads to increased seed yield and oil content in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 22: 3603–3620. , , , , , .