Version of Record online: 18 JUN 2014
© 2014 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2014 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 203, Issue 4, pages 1041–1048, September 2014
How to Cite
Levesley, A., Paxton, S., Collins, R., Baker, A. and Knight, C. (2014), Engaging students with plant science: the Plant Science TREE. New Phytologist, 203: 1041–1048. doi: 10.1111/nph.12905
- Issue online: 31 JUL 2014
- Version of Record online: 18 JUN 2014
- Gatsby Charitable Foundation
- 2011. The end of the botany degree in the UK. Bioscience Education, vol. 17, art. no. 2. York, UK: HESA. .
- Food Research Partnership Skills Sub-Group. 2010. High-level skills for food. Report to the food research partnership from the food research partnership skills sub-group. London, UK: The Government Office for Science.
- Gatsby Plant Science Programme. 2014. [WWW document] URL http://www.gatsby.org.uk/en/Plant-Science.aspx [accessed 16 February 2014].
- GEOSET. [WWW document] URL http://geoset.group.shef.ac.uk/ [accessed 16 February 2014].
- 2009. Technology and informal education: what is taught, what is learned. Science 323: 69–71. .
- Henry Stewart Talks. [WWW document] URL http://hstalks.com/ [accessed 16 February 2014].
- Horticulture Matters. 2013. [WWW document] URL http://www.rhs.org.uk/Media/PDFs/News/1016-RHS-Hort-Careers-Brochure-AW-low-res-spreads [accessed 16 February 2014].
- HumBox digital humanities resources. [WWW document] URL https://www.llas.ac.uk//resourcedownloads/3233/HumBox_tracking_report3.pdf [accessed 16 February 2014].
- Jisc. 2012. Measure the impact of your digital resources. [WWW document] URL http://www.jisc.ac.uk/guides/measure-the-impact-of-your-digital-resources [accessed 16 February 2014].
- Jisc. 2013. TIDSR: toolkit for the impact of digitised scholarly resources. [WWW document] URL http://microsites.oii.ox.ac.uk/tidsr/case-studies [accessed 18 November 2013].
- 2010. Where have all the British botanists gone, just when we need them? Telegraph, 14 September 2010. [WWW document] URL http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/steve-jones/8001565/Where-have-all-the-British-botanistsgone-just-when-we-need-them.html [accessed 16 February 2014]. .
- 2007. Development of a web-based plant science teaching resource for use by University lecturers – The Gatsby Plants Teaching Resource. Proceedings to the Third International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies. ISBN 978-972-8865-79-5. , , .
- 2012. The Gatsby Plant Science Summer School: inspiring the next generation of plant science researchers. The Plant Cell 24: 1306–1315. , , .
- 2008. The open learning initiative: measuring the effectiveness of the OLI statistics course in accelerating student learning. Journal of Interactive Media in Education (JIME). [WWW document] URL http://jime.open.ac.uk/2008/14 [accessed 16 February 2014]. , , .
- 2009. iTunes university and the classroom: can podcasts replace professors? Computers & Education 52: 617–623. [WWW document] URL http://www.scopus.com/record/display.url?eid=2-s2.0-59049094371&origin=inward&txGid=4A78C0F6242819E2CA0D0132F88A44E3.y7ESLndDIsN8cE7qwvy6w%3a1 [accessed 16 February 2014]. , , .
- 2009. NSF rethinks its digital library. Science 323: 54–58. .
- 2010. Podcasts and mobile assessment enhance student learning experience and academic performance. Bioscience Education, vol. 16. [WWW document] URL http://journals.heacademy.ac.uk/doi/abs/10.3108/beej.16.1 [accessed 16 February 2014]. .
- 2013. Embedding OER into student education institutionally. The Higher Education Academy. [WWW document] URL http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/projects/detail/oer/OER_COM2_Leeds [accessed 16 February 2014]. .
- 2011. Using podcasts to replace lecture: effects on student achievement. Computers & Education 57: 1885–1892. , , , .
- 2007. The value of animations in biology teaching: a study of long-term memory retention. CBE Life Science Education 6: 217–223. .
- ServiceTick. 2012. Is your ‘voice of the customer’ shouting as loud as it should be? [WWW document] URL http://downloads.servicetick.com/ServiceTick-white-paper-response-rates.pdf [accessed 14 May 2014].
- 2009. Plant biology. New York, NY, USA: Garland Science. , , , , , , , .
- 2009. The uptake of plant sciences in the UK. A research project for the Gatsby Charitable Foundation. Coventry, UK: University of Warwick, The Centre for Education and Industry. , , , .
- 2004. Where is botany going? Plant Science Bulletin 50: 2–7. .
- Teaching Tools in Plant Biology. [WWW document] URL http://www.plantcell.org/site/teachingtools/teaching.xhtml [accessed 16 February 2014]
- The Royal Society. 2009. Reaping the benefits: science and the sustainable intensification of global agriculture. London, UK: The Royal Society.
- UK Plant Science Federation. 2014. UK plant science: current status and future challenges. [WWW document] URL https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/sbwebsite/pdf/UK_Plant_Science-Current_status_and_future_challenges.pdf [accessed 16 February 2014].
- UK Plant Science Federation. [WWW document] URL http://www.plantsci.org.uk/ [accessed 16 February 2014].
- University of Leeds iTunes U. [WWW document] URL https://itunes.apple.com/gb/institution/university-of-leeds/id610001825 [accessed 26 February 2014].