Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/onlineopen#OnlineOpen_Terms
Principles for building public-private partnerships to benefit food safety, nutrition, and health research
Version of Record online: 11 OCT 2013
© 2013 International Life Sciences Institute
Volume 71, Issue 10, pages 682–691, October 2013
How to Cite
Rowe, S., Alexander, N., Kretser, A., Steele, R., Kretsch, M., Applebaum, R., Clydesdale, F., Cummins, D., Hentges, E., Navia, J., Jarvis, A. and Falci, K. (2013), Principles for building public-private partnerships to benefit food safety, nutrition, and health research. Nutrition Reviews, 71: 682–691. doi: 10.1111/nure.12072
- Issue online: 11 OCT 2013
- Version of Record online: 11 OCT 2013
- ILSI North America
- 1US Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service. Agricultural Research and Productivity. Updated 26 May 2012. Available at: http://www.ers.usda.gov/Briefing/AgResearch/. Accessed 18 June 2012.
- 3National Institutes of Health Common Fund, Office of Strategic Coordination. Public-Private Partnerships: Overview. Updated 1 January 2012. Available at: http://commonfund.nih.gov/publicprivate/index.aspx. Accessed 25 April 2012.
- 5Canadian Institutes of Health Research. Operating Grant: Industry-Partnered Collaborative Research (Fall 2012); Updated 1 April 2013. Available at: http://www.cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/22630.html#1-D3–1. Accessed 11 September 2013.
- 6The White House. National Bioeconomy Blueprint. 1 April 2012; Available at: http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/ostp/national_bioeconomy_blueprint_april_2012.pdf. Accessed 9 May 2012.
- 7Rapporteurs; Food Forum: Food and Nutrition Board; Institute of Medicine, The National Academies Press. Building Public-Private Partnerships in Food and Nutrition: Workshop Summary. Published June 5, 2012; Available at: http://www.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=13412. Accessed 14 April 2013., ,
- 8Public–private partnerships in international agricultural research: an analysis of constraints. J Technol Transf. 2006;31:291–300., .
- 9Complementary Roles of Public and Private Sectors in Agricultural Research. Economic Research Service Economic Brief No. 19, September 2012; Updated 8 January 2013. Available at: http://www.ers.usda.gov/media/913804/eb19.pdf. Accessed 24 April 2013., , .
- 10Opening Industry-Academic Partnerships. Published 12 April 2013; Available at: http://sciencecareers.sciencemag.org/career_magazine/previous_issues/articles/2013_04_12/science.opms.r1300132. Accessed 14 April 2013..
- 11The White House Office of Social Innovation and Civic Participation. Partnerships: Guiding Principles. Available at: http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/sicp/initiatives/partnerships. Accessed 1 June 2012.
- 12The White House. Cyberspace Policy Review: Assuring a Trusted and Resilient Information and Communications Infrastructure. Cross cutting issue #2. How can we create public-private partnerships. Published 8 May 2009; Available at: http://www.whitehouse.gov/files/documents/cyber/ISA%20-%20Hathaway%20public%20private%20partnerships.pdf. Accessed 6 May 2013.
- 13Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation. Partner with CSIRO. Available at: http://www.csiro.au/en/Portals/Partner.aspx. Accessed 30 July 2012.
- 14Canadian Institutes of Health Research. CIHR Workshop: Ethics Policy on CIHR Partnerships with the For-Profit Private Sector. March 19–20, 2007, Ottawa; Updated 1 November 2007. Available at: http://www.cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/34723.html. Accessed 30 July 2012.
- 15National Institutes of Health, Office of Science Policy. NIH Public-Private Partnership Program. Updated 25 July 2012. Available at: http://ppp.od.nih.gov/. Accessed 30 July 2012.
- 16Canadian Obesity Network. Building Authentic Trust to Combat the Obesity Epidemic. (Workshop Report ) 2009; Updated 21 November 2011. Available at: http://buildingtrustinitiative.wordpress.com/material/. Accessed 6 September 2012.
- 17European Commission. Guidelines for Successful Public-Private Partnerships. 2003; Available at: http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/sources/docgener/guides/ppp_en.pdf. Accessed 30 July 2012.
- 18Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition. GAIN Partnerships. Available at: http://www.gainhealth.org/partnerships. Accessed 30 July 2012.
- 19Pacific Economic Cooperation Council. Voluntary Guidelines for Effective Public-Private Partnerships – Program. Singapore: PECC; 2006.
- 20Reagan-Udall Foundation for the Food and Drug Administration. Our Mission and History. Available at: http://www.reaganudall.org/about-us/our-mission-and-history/. Accessed 6 September 2012.
- 21National Collaborative on Childhood Obesity Research. About NCCOR. Available at: http://nccor.org/about/membership-guidelines.php. Accessed 2 June 2012.
- 22US Food and Drug Administration. Building Effective Partnerships: FDA and Stakeholders Public Meeting. 2000; Available at: http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dockets/00n0001/tr00002.pdf. Accessed 30 July 2012.
- 23US Wheat and Barley Scab Initiative. Mission and History. Updated 5 June 2013. Available at: http://scabusa.org/mission.html. Accessed 11 September 2013.
- 24Cacao Genome Database. About the Cacao Genome Database. Available at: http://www.cacaogenomedb.org/about. Accessed 2 June 2012.
- 25US Department of State. Fact Sheet: US Government's Feed the Future Initiative Helps Countries Cope with Rising Food Prices. 2011; Available at: http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2011/03/157626.htm. Accessed 11 June 2012.
- 26Feed the Future. About Feed the Future. Available at: http://www.feedthefuture.gov/about#Who%20is%20Feed%20the%20Future? Accessed 11 June 2012.
- 27The Keystone Center. The Research Integrity Roundtable. Available at: http://www.keystone.org/policy-initiatives-center-for-science-a-public-policy/health/research-integrity-roundtable.html. Accessed 11 June 2012.
- 28CDC Foundation. Public-Private Partnership Policies and Guidelines. Available at: http://www.cdcfoundation.org/content/public-private-partnership-policies-and-guidelines. Accessed 19 June 2012.
- 29Pacific Economic Cooperation Council. Guidelines for effective public private partnerships. 2006; Available at: http://www.pecc.org/resources/doc_view/1404-guidelines-for-effective-public-private-partnerships. Accessed 11 September 2013.
- 30Institute of Medicine Food Forum. Leveraging Food Technology for Obesity Prevention and Reduction Efforts: A Workshop; USDA Session on Technology Transfer and Public-Private Partnerships. 2010; Available at: http://iom.edu/Activities/Nutrition/FoodForum/2010-NOV-02.aspx. Accessed 21 June 2012.
- 31The National Academies. For Future Prosperity, U.S. should Strengthen Efforts to Maintain World-Class Research Universities. Published 14 June 2012; Available at: http://www8.nationalacademies.org/onpinews/newsitem.aspx?RecordID=13396. Accessed 21 June 2012.