Gestational weight gain recommendations in the context of the obesity epidemic
Version of Record online: 21 OCT 2013
© 2013 International Life Sciences Institute
Special Issue: IX Nestle Nutrition Conference. Maternal Obesity: Reproduction, Pregnancy, and Offspring Outcomes, November 8–9, 2012, Mexico City, Mexico
Volume 71, Issue Supplement S1, pages S26–S30, October 2013
How to Cite
Siega-Riz, A. M. and Gray, G. L. (2013), Gestational weight gain recommendations in the context of the obesity epidemic. Nutrition Reviews, 71: S26–S30. doi: 10.1111/nure.12074
- Issue online: 21 OCT 2013
- Version of Record online: 21 OCT 2013
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. Grant Numbers: HD37584, HD39373
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Grant Numbers: DK61981, DK56350
- National Institute of Health General Clinical Research Center. Grant Number: RR00046
- Carolina Population Center
- 2Global Burden of Metabolic Risk Factors of Chronic Diseases Collaborating Group (Body Mass Index). National, regional, and global trends in body-mass index since 1980: systematic analysis of health examination surveys and epidemiological studies with 960 country-years and 9.1 million participants. Lancet. 2011;377:557–567., , , et al. for the
- 7Institute of Medicine (US) and National Research Council (US) Committee to Reexamine IOM Pregnancy Weight Guidelines. Rasmussen KM , Yaktine AL , eds. Weight Gain during Pregnancy: Reexamining the Guidelines. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2009.
- 8A systematic review of outcomes of maternal weight gain according to the Institute of Medicine recommendations: birthweight, fetal growth, and postpartum weight retention. Obstet Gynecol. 2009;201:339.e1–14., , , et al.
- 14Outcomes of Maternal Weight Gain, Evidence Report/Technology Assessment No. 168. AHRQ Publication No. 08-E009. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. 2008., , , et al.
- 22The effect of gestational weight gain on maternal and neonatal outcomes. Salud Publica Mex. 2010;52:220–225., , .
- 30Associations of the pre-pregnancy body mass index and gestational weight gain with pregnancy outcomes in Taiwanese women. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2012;21:82–87., , , et al.
- 31Pregnancy Nutrition Surveillance 2010 Report. Atlanta: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2012., , , et al.
- 33Health Canada. Prenatal Nutrition Guidelines for Health Professionals: Gestational Weight Gain. 2010; Available at: http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/nutrition/prenatal/ewba-mbsa-eng.php#a2. Accessed 27 August 2012.
- 41Variability in reward responsivity and obesity: evidence from brain imaging studies. Curr Drug Abuse Rev. 2011;4:182–189., .