We would like to thank Dante Amengual, Marco Capasso, Marc Hallin, Roman Liska and Uta Pigorsch for providing their codes, Christian Schumacher for sending the German database, Clément Marsilli for excellent research assistance, as well as the participants of the 29th International Symposium on Forecasting, San Diego, US, June 2010, and the 6th Colloquium on Modern Tools for Business Cycle Analysis, Luxembourg, September 2010. In addition, we would like to thank two anonymous referees for helpful remarks. The views expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the Banque de France and the International Monetary Fund.
Testing the Number of Factors: An Empirical Assessment for a Forecasting Purpose*
Version of Record online: 21 DEC 2012
© Blackwell Publishing Ltd and the Department of Economics, University of Oxford 2012
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics
Special Issue: Large Data Sets
Volume 75, Issue 1, pages 64–79, February 2013
How to Cite
Barhoumi, K., Darné, O. and Ferrara, L. (2013), Testing the Number of Factors: An Empirical Assessment for a Forecasting Purpose. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 75: 64–79. doi: 10.1111/obes.12010
- Issue online: 21 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 21 DEC 2012
- Final Manuscript Received: October 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!