We are grateful to Patricia Anderson, David Margolis, Bas van der Klaauw, and seminar participants at the EEA Meeting, Milan, the AIEL Meeting, Brescia, and the SOLE Meeting, Boston. We acknowledge the financial support provided by FCT grant PTDC/ECO/64398/2006. We would like to thank the Instituto de Informática (II) of the Portuguese Social Security bureau for making the data available to us. Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the views of Banco de Portugal and II.
Do Low-Wage Workers React Less to Longer Unemployment Benefits? Quasi-Experimental Evidence*
Article first published online: 25 JAN 2013
© 2013 The Department of Economics, University of Oxford and John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics
Volume 76, Issue 2, pages 185–207, April 2014
How to Cite
Centeno, M. and Novo, Á. A. (2014), Do Low-Wage Workers React Less to Longer Unemployment Benefits? Quasi-Experimental Evidence. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 76: 185–207. doi: 10.1111/obes.12019
- Issue published online: 7 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 25 JAN 2013
- Final Manuscript Received: November 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!