We thank the Editor and two anonymous Referees for useful comments on earlier versions of this article. We also thank participants at the Micro-Social Change Workshop, University of Essex (April 2010), European Society of Population Economics Conference (Essen, Germany, June 2010), Joint European Association of Labour Economists/Society Of Labor Economists Conference (London, June 2010), Work and Pensions Employment Group Conference (Bristol, July 2010) and to the Search and Matching Workshop, University of Essex (March 2011) for helpful comments. This forms part of the project ‘Job search in the UK 1990–2006’, funded by the Leverhulme Trust Grant no. F/00 213/O; it is also part of a programme of research funded by the Economic and Social Research Council through their grant to the Research Centre on Micro-social Change at ISER. The support provided by the ESRC and the University of Essex is gratefully acknowledged. LFS and BHPS data are available from the Data Archive at the University of Essex (http://www.data/archive.ac.uk).
Employed and Unemployed Job Seekers and the Business Cycle†
Article first published online: 10 APR 2013
© 2013 The Department of Economics, University of Oxford and JohnWiley & Sons Ltd.
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics
Volume 76, Issue 4, pages 463–483, August 2014
How to Cite
Longhi, S. and Taylor, M. (2014), Employed and Unemployed Job Seekers and the Business Cycle. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 76: 463–483. doi: 10.1111/obes.12029
- Issue published online: 3 JUL 2014
- Article first published online: 10 APR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!