New dynamics in global obesity facing low- and middle-income countries
Article first published online: 23 OCT 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Obesity Reviews published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd on behalf of the International Association for the Study of Obesity.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
Special Issue: Program and Policy Options for Preventing Obesity in the Low, Middle, and Transitional Income Countries
Volume 14, Issue Supplement S2, pages 11–20, November 2013
How to Cite
Popkin, B. M. and Slining, M. M. (2013), New dynamics in global obesity facing low- and middle-income countries. Obesity Reviews, 14: 11–20. doi: 10.1111/obr.12102
- Issue published online: 23 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 23 OCT 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 9 SEP 2013 06:50AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 13 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 8 AUG 2013
- Rockefeller Foundation
- Nutrition Transition Program of the University of North Carolina
- National Institutes of Health (NIH). Grant Numbers: R01-HD30880, DK056350, 5 R24 HD050924, R01-HD38700
- 1High food prices: the what, who, and how of proposed policy actions. In: IFPRI (ed.). Policy Brief. IFPRI: Washington DC, 2008, pp. 1–18., , et al.
- 3Secular changes in obesity phenotype in Mexican origin populations: a comparative analysis of Mexico and the U.S. 2013., , , .
- 4Secular changes in obesity-waist circumference patterns: China, Mexico, the United Kingdom and the United States. 2013., , , , .
- 5ICF International. Measure DHS: Demographic and Health Surveys. In: DHS M (ed.): 2013.
- 6RAND. Indonesian Family Life Survey. 2010.
- 7IBGE – Instituto Brasileiro de Geografia e Estatística. Pesquisa de orçamentos familiares, 2008–2009: análise do consumo alimentar pessoal no Brasil. Rio de Janeiro 2011; 1–150. Instituto Brasileiro de Geografia e Estatística.
- 8General Statistical Office. Vietnam Living Standards Survey, 1992–1993. Hanoi 1994.
- 9General Statistical Office. Vietnam Living Standards Survey 1997–1998. Hanoi 2000.
- 12WHO/FAO. Expert Consultation on Diet, Nutrition and the Prevention of Chronic Diseases Report of the joint WHO/FAO expert consultation. World Health Organization: Geneva, 2003.
- 14World Bank. World Development Indicators 2013. [WWW document]. URL http://data.worldbank.org/indicator (accessed 30 March 2013).
- 16Sugar sweetened beverage sales and consumption trends in Mexico: 1999–2012. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2013., , , , .
- 17Summary Report of China Nutrition and Health Survey 2002. People's Medical Publishing House: Beijing, 2002..
- 25Changes in waist circumfrence relative to BMI in China adults from 1993 to 2009. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2013., , , , .