The China Health and Nutrition Survey, 1989–2011
Version of Record online: 17 DEC 2013
© 2014 The Authors. Obesity Reviews published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd on behalf of the International Association for the Study of Obesity.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Special Issue: Understanding the Transition in Diet, Activity, Body Composition and Nutrition-related Noncommunicable Diseases in China: the China Health and Nutrition Survey 1991-2011. Guest Editor: Barry M. Popkin. The International Association for the Study of Obesity and Wiley have published this supplement without any financial support.
Volume 15, Issue Supplement S1, pages 2–7, January 2014
How to Cite
Zhang, B., Zhai, F. Y., Du, S. F. and Popkin, B. M. (2014), The China Health and Nutrition Survey, 1989–2011. Obesity Reviews, 15: 2–7. doi: 10.1111/obr.12119
- Issue online: 17 DEC 2013
- Version of Record online: 17 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 SEP 2013
- National Institute of Nutrition and Food Safety
- China Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Carolina Population Center. Grant Number: 5 R24 HD050924
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Numbers: R01-HD30880, DK056350, R24 HD050924, R01-HD38700
- Fogarty International Center, National Institutes of Health. Grant Numbers: 5D43TW007709, 5D43TW009077
- China-Japan Friendship Hospital, Ministry of Health
- 6Re-Drawing Boundaries: Work, Households, and Gender in China. University of California Press: Berkeley, CA, 2000., .
- 7Household economies in transitional times. In: Entwisle B , Henderson GE (eds). Re-Drawing Boundaries: Work Households, and Gender in China. University of California Press: Berkeley, CA, 2000, pp. 261–283., , , .
- 8China and the WTO: Accession, Policy Reform, and Poverty Reduction Strategies. The World Bank: Washington DC, 2004., , .
- 9Poverty impacts of a WTO agreement: synthesis and overview. In: Bank W (ed.), Washington, DC, 2005. [WWW document]. URL https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/handle/10986/8411 (accessed 11 January 2010)., .
- 10Impacts of the Doha Development Agenda on China: the role of labor markets and complementary education reforms. In: Bank TW (ed.). Working Paper, 2005., .
- 12Poverty and the WTO: Impacts of the Doha Development Agenda. Palgrave Macmillan and The World Bank: New York, 2005., .
- 15China's population policy: one-child variations and fertility response. Population Association of America, Annual Meeting: Minneapolis, MN, 2003., .
- 18China's pattern of growth: moving to sustainability and reducing inequality. In: World Bank (ed.). World Bank Policy Research Working Paper 3767, 2005., .
- 20China's agricultural development and policy readjustment after its WTO accession. In: Bhattasali D , Li S , Martin W (eds). China and the WTO Accession Policy Reform, and Poverty Reduction Strategies. World Bank and Oxford University Press: Washington, DC, 2004, pp. 69–79..
- 21Employment of farmers and poverty alleviation in China. In: World Bank (ed.), 2004; 81–84., , .
- 22China's (uneven) progress against poverty. In: The World Bank (ed.), 2004., .
- 23Ascent after Decline: Regrowing Global Economies after the Great Recession. World Bank: Washington DC, 2012., .
- 24The World Bank Databank. Poverty. The World Bank, 2012. [WWW document]. URL http://databank.worldbank.org/ddp/editReport?REQUEST_SOURCE=search&CNO=2&topic=11 (accessed 8 July 2013).
- 26Summary Report of China Nutrition and Health Survey 2002. People's Medical Publishing House: Beijing, 2002..
- 27The Dietary and Nutritional Status of Chinese Population (1992 National Nutrition Survey), Vol. 1. People's Medical Publishing House: Beijing, 1995..
- 44Changes in waist circumfrence relative to BMI in China adults from 1993 to 2009. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2013., , , , .